PDA

View Full Version : No More Dial-Up!

Waymon Campbell
10-27-2004, 7:57 PM
I finally got cable internet :) . Since I live out in the boonies it has been a long time coming. Yippee!!! No more wait'in for the pictures that everyone posts to download...just click on the link and zzziiippp...there they are.

This is almost as good as getting a new tool...almost!

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-27-2004, 8:18 PM
WTG Waymon:

When I get back from Philly, I'm going DSL. I'm tired of the Slooooooooooooooow loads and tying up the phone line.

Bruce

Dave Crabbs
10-27-2004, 8:34 PM
Waymon,
I know what you mean I just went from a dial up to cable about 3 months ago. On a dial up connection I was able to start a download then run a few errand's then come back maybe do some stuff around the house by then my download was toward the end or complete. It's like going from a moped to a Corvette.

John Miliunas
10-27-2004, 9:21 PM
Lucky dog! We're in the boonies, too, but it don't look like Charter is in any hurry to get anything out this way for us. For that matter, neither is the phone co. for DSL! :mad: Congrats! Great big difference and, I'm sure it will make your SMC experience all the more enjoyable. :cool:

Mark Singer
10-27-2004, 9:35 PM
Waymon,

That is great! Now you can keep up with us speedsters...if I only could type:mad:

Bruce Page
10-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Waymon, welcome to the fast lane! I will NEVER go back to dial-up!

Ted Shrader
10-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Woo - Hoo!

Ted

Boyd Gathwright
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi Waymon,

<O:p</O:p

…. Congratulations on your new cable service in the fast lane. Since I live in the boonies too, for obvious reasons, what has the cost been and what will it be for the future in your area for your new cable service?

Boyd ;)

I finally got cable internet :) . Since I live out in the boonies it has been a long time coming. Yippee!!! No more wait'in for the pictures that everyone posts to download...just click on the link and zzziiippp...there they are.

This is almost as good as getting a new tool...almost!

Waymon Campbell
10-28-2004, 7:37 AM
…. Congratulations on your new cable service in the fast lane. Since I live in the boonies too, for obvious reasons, what has the cost been and what will it be for the future in your area for your new cable service?

Boyd - I pay $40/month for expanded basic cable (no digital). I got a package deal on the cable internet. I basically get a year's worth of cable internet for $7/month. After the year the cost is $40/month for the cable internet and $40/month for the cable service.

BTW - I got the faster cable internet service (512-1MB download / 128 upload).

larry merlau
10-28-2004, 7:38 AM
well waymon been awhile since we chatted but i too got the dsl from the phone co. and its never been better and no more interupted calls either you will definalty enjoy it. and even if texas still thinks the old ways are better they are still progressing. at least you folks still can carry weapons in your back windows. and drink a cold one besides. legally too. we cant up north

Stefan Antwarg
10-29-2004, 6:58 AM
I'm jeolous. Considering that my road doesn't even have cable tv service, I don't think cable modems are anywhere in the near future. DSL is out for me - too far from the central office. So, I think the only choice for me will be Broadband over Power Lines. But I am not holding my breath for that. And the worse thing is that I did have a cable modem before I moved to the boonies - so I know what I'm missing.

Congrats!

Stefan

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-29-2004, 7:38 AM
Texas has an open container law now...so drinking a cool one on the ride home is officially a no-no. Not that that stops the convenience store from having a stack of can-sized paper bags at the register...

KC