PDA

View Full Version : Longboard

Tom Scott
02-16-2010, 12:57 AM
Not long after J.R. Rutter posted his longboard last year, my son (who just started college) said that he wanted one for Christmas to cruise around campus. Not knowing a lot about longboards, I stole the concept from J.R.

Wood is Maple with Cherry strips. The "inlay" is actually routed/carved out and then filled with colored epoxy.

Overall length is 42", with a 32" wheelbase. It rides really smooth, and I hear he gets plenty of comments on it, so I call it a success.

Tom

John Keeton
02-16-2010, 6:37 AM
Really nice looking board! Does it have any concavity or is it flat?

Larry Fox
02-16-2010, 7:57 AM
Tom, that is really nice looking - it will be a hit on campus. A longboard is on my "bucket list" of builds. I just hope I get to it while I can still ride. :)

Tom Scott
02-16-2010, 9:15 AM
Really nice looking board! Does it have any concavity or is it flat?

No concavity, but at that length it has plenty of flex. He was bouncing up and down on it, which stressed me out a bit, but it held up fine.

Mike McCann
02-16-2010, 9:28 AM
nice looking skateboard.

Dave Sepucha
02-16-2010, 11:49 AM
I love it.

I need to add a new project to my list.

John Thompson
02-16-2010, 1:08 PM
Great board Tom. Appears they have come a long way from the boards we made with an old scrap plank and adding wheels removed from an old pair of standard steel skates in the early 60's. But.. we thought they were great at the time. :)