PDA

View Full Version : Rough Weekend

Mike Golka
02-15-2010, 8:38 PM
I just got home from Mexico and found my Oneway order was in the mail.:D I have been waiting for my new toy, bithday present to self ;), to rough out some Manitoba Maple I aquired last fall. So after 2 weeks without turning this was great. Got to try out the new Easycore and what a dream to use, very shallow learnig curve. It was like I had been using it for years. The 12 bowls are the result of Sunday afternoons efforts. They are about 12", 9", and 6". Today while gluing up a segmented piece I managed to get the pepper mill done. I think I've quench the thirst to turn for now.:D

Steve Schlumpf
02-15-2010, 9:09 PM
Nice work on the peppermill! Pretty wood - great form!

Congrats on your new easycore system! Looks like it works well!

Bernie Weishapl
02-15-2010, 9:25 PM
Really nice bowls and great looking peppermill. I really like my easycore system.

Jonathan Harvey
02-15-2010, 9:26 PM
Congrats on the coring. I use mine everyday but still have not got the hang of it. I get catches all the time not 100% sure why. I even tore the tennon right off of a bowl today. I still core six to nine bowls a day but I can't make it through even one core without a catch. Lets hope I figure it out soon :-)

Roland Martin
02-15-2010, 9:30 PM
That's one heck of a Sunday! The peppermill is great, wood & shape.

John Keeton
02-15-2010, 9:45 PM
Beautiful peppermill! Hard for me to comment on the coring except to say that is a bunch-o-bowls!!

gary Zimmel
02-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Welcome back Mike.
Nice work on the mill and congrats on the new toy.
Looks like you gave it a good workout already....

Jack Mincey
02-16-2010, 6:47 AM
Mike, lookiing great. Is your lathe a 1640? I have the riser block on my outboard side and asked Kevin at oneway if one could core by mounting the 16" core base on top of it and he said it would work fine. In doing this I can core blanks up to 24" using the 16" base if the need ever comes up.
Jack