PDA

View Full Version : Am I dreaming or REDSOX up 3 !?

Jerry Olexa
10-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Cointinue to lose time in the shop but I must be dreaming or in a trance but the Red Sox are UP THree !!! Won 7 straight since the ALCS!! Pedro looked great last night after he settled down. They did get a few breaks w pickoff @ 3rd base instead of a run and great throw by Manny to stop another run. Fortune seems to be smiling on the BoSox and I hope/trust it never ends. Maybe I'm violating a rule by talking about it like when a pitcher has a No hitter going...May the bubble never burst. GO RedSox. It may happen! :)

Donnie Raines
10-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Its hard to digest the fact that the Cards are 0-3 right now. Not that I am a Cards fan...but man they were tuff this year!

Chris Padilla
10-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Watch, now that the BoSox did a first in coming back from a 3-0 deficit, the Cards will now come back from their own 3-0 deficit. I have a feeling not but we can't say it hasn't ever been done before!!! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
10-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Jerry......I hope Tyler and Chris didn't share their pills with you and that you haven't taken too large a dose :eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D ..........Yep....3-0 Red Sox.

Glenn Clabo
10-27-2004, 1:05 PM
SSSssshhhhhhh! Everyone around here hasn't said a word all day.

Jerry Olexa
10-27-2004, 1:22 PM
Glenn love your avatar. Damon has contributed!!

Keith Starosta
10-27-2004, 1:43 PM
SSSssshhhhhhh! Everyone around here hasn't said a word all day.

I was waiting for one of you "Chowds" to come in with the "Don't say anything, you'll JINX it!!" :D

I'm not anywhere near being a superstitious person.....except when it comes to my sports. It's weird, but it's true.

Good luck, SOX!!! Bring it home!!

Keith

Glenn Clabo
10-27-2004, 1:51 PM
Good luck, SOX!!! Bring it home!!

Keith
Whew...now I have someone to blame.:D Having been a Red Sox fan for the last 55 years...I still think that the lunar eclipse will have something to do with it all going down in flames. This is changing the order of the universe ya know.

Bruce Page
10-27-2004, 2:50 PM
Whew...now I have someone to blame.:D Having been a Red Sox fan for the last 55 years...I still think that the lunar eclipse will have something to do with it all going down in flames. This is changing the order of the universe ya know.Glenn, You are aging very well, you don't look old enough to be Red Sox fan for the last 55 years! :D

How's that SoundDock doing? (:( jealous :( )

Go Red Sox!

Lou Morrissette
10-27-2004, 4:30 PM
Glenn,
Taking 4 straight from the Yankee's and sweeping the world series! Talk about realigning the universe!!!:D :D :D That will be some record to break!!!:D

Dan Mages
10-27-2004, 4:49 PM
Yep! The redbirds are getting spanked by the Sox.

Dan

Glenn Clabo
10-27-2004, 5:31 PM
Glenn, You are aging very well, you don't look old enough to be Red Sox fan for the last 55 years! :D

How's that SoundDock doing? (:( jealous :( )

Go Red Sox!I wonder if it's the beard or the hair that makes me look younger?

Now let's talk about the SoundDock... You can't be as jealous about it as I am about your lathe!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-28-2004, 12:45 AM
Jerry........who won......what's this curse everyone's referring to? :rolleyes: :D

Randy Moore
10-28-2004, 8:00 AM
RED SOX WIN Now if I could only get the CHIEFS to get up and Win some games. I am glad that they won, Cards been in thereseveral times and it had been 86 years since Boston won.

Keith Starosta
10-28-2004, 8:01 AM
Whew...now I have someone to blame.:D Having been a Red Sox fan for the last 55 years...I still think that the lunar eclipse will have something to do with it all going down in flames. This is changing the order of the universe ya know.

Less blame to pass around this morning, eh Glenn?! :D

Great series. Now I can get some sleep...

Keith

Jerry Olexa
10-28-2004, 12:40 PM
KEN THEY ARE REFERRING TO THE BAMBINO CURSE ( excuse the caps) that happened during the 20's when they(BoSox) traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees and of course, you know what HE did there! It is said that ever since, there's been a "curse" on the Red Sox for that infamous trade. Of course, that is NOW over as they are WORLD CHAMPS!!! And we are not dreaming... See my comments in the earlier "Oh My" thread. I'm so excited I may start another THREAD! Enjoy it! Savor it! It doesn't happen too often! Jerry

Chris Padilla
10-28-2004, 1:08 PM
I don't mean to be a wet blanket here but I always hated the word "World" in The Series name and thus in the "Champs/Champion" name. I know it is stuck forever but it is an unfortunate misnomer.

We have Super Bowl champs, Stanley Cup champs, etc.

I'm happy for the BoSox but I wish the series would have been closer/better. I hope most of the Red Sox team can stay together...so rare nowadays.

Jerry Olexa
10-28-2004, 3:11 PM
Chris you're right (Its only the US teams and some Canadian) so its not truly the "world". But you REALLY are a Wet blanket,,,Only humor (weak at that). Relish the victory anyway . Admit I enjoyed the Yankee series better than this one.Continue to root for the Broncos and I remember how they used to ALWAYS beat my Browns when I lived in Ohio! But they had trouble in the Super Bowls even w John El.

Keith Starosta
10-29-2004, 9:32 AM
Here's something to take some of the wetness off of Chris' "wet blanket"...

Now that the season is over, PayRod...errr.....I mean Alex Rodriguez can finally get on with his winter job...

:D :D