02-15-2010, 3:16 PM
Past three weeks I have been getting this alot
are you having issues with your server
Mostly it has been late at night/ early morning
but is happening now...
again

Callan Campbell
02-15-2010, 3:27 PM
I have trouble from time to time as well. No rhyme or reason that I've noticed, but this is the only woodworking site that I tend to "not be able to find" when I of course am looking for it. I was blaming my internet connection, cause it's easy to do;) Will be interesting to hear what you find out ,Phil.

Chris Lindell
02-15-2010, 9:22 PM
Phil,

Sounds like you've got a BHO (Browser Helper Object) messing with IE's connection, that or possibly some other malware has mucked things up for you.

Have you run any anti-spyware on your machine lately? Here's a couple I recommend, I keep Spybot running all the time (TeaTimer), MBAM will help get things cleaned up that Spybot misses. That one is both free and payfor, just get the free one for now, if you like it you can always pony up the cash.

Spybot Search & Destroy: http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Best of luck!

Chris

Curt Harms
02-16-2010, 7:42 AM
Past three weeks I have been getting this alot
are you having issues with your server
Mostly it has been late at night/ early morning
but is happening now...
again

Is FireFox:). You can run 'em both and there's a few extensions for FireFox to use I.E. from within FireFox.

glenn bradley
02-16-2010, 8:36 AM
I wouldn't blame your browser. The Creek has been falling off the net quite a bit lately. I just attributed it to weather and their ISP. The next time you can't reach the Creek, browse to Google or some other large site. I think you'll find you can get there.

phil harold
02-16-2010, 9:45 AM
I wouldn't blame your browser. The Creek has been falling off the net quite a bit lately. I just attributed it to weather and their ISP. The next time you can't reach the Creek, browse to Google or some other large site. I think you'll find you can get there.

+1 on it not being the browser

when its down none of my browsers (IE8,Oprea,Firefox,Chrome) will connect to Sawmill Creek but, will go any where else...

oh well