PDA

View Full Version : picking up wood

Karl Card
02-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Unless it snows 3 feet I am going to Middleton, TN monday morning to pickup all kinds of wood. Zebrawood, padouk, limba, black limba, purple heart, yellow yeart. avidore, afromisa, brazilian ebony, shedua, teak, carribean rosewood, brazilian cherry, african mahogany, hubaballi, sipo, amazon rosewood, lati, wenge, aniegre, goncalo alves, berlinea, bubinga, and white guyana rosewood.... i will be in wood heaven then... if it snows 2 feet 11 inches i am going but 3 feet well ill have to think about it for a split second.... I just getting a board or 2 of each flavor.

John Keeton
02-15-2010, 7:04 AM
Karl, your post reminds me of the weatherman comments yesterday when he said "Nighttime temps will drop to near 21 deg." Not 20, but 21, and "near", not exactly.

A guy has to draw the line somewhere, and 3 feet sounds reasonable!!!:D Good luck with the wood haul.

Dave Storm
02-15-2010, 7:45 AM
Let us know about the wood journey. I just bought a few pieces on e-bay from the same address and will assume that it is the same person. Was wondering if the seller had a yard where woodworkers could buy directly and save shipping and pick grain and color matches.

My problem with buying online is that I know where to place the pieces of wood on the invoice but I'm still looking where to place the shipping!:rolleyes:

Hope you have a safe trip and a prosperous one.

Dave

David Christopher
02-15-2010, 9:22 AM
Good luck with your adventure, show us some pics when you get home......be careful

Derek Gilmer
02-15-2010, 10:32 AM
If you can't make it there, let me know. I'll drive east and pick up some under your name ;)

kevin loftus
02-15-2010, 2:37 PM
:eek: 23 different kinds of wood!, :eek: boy do you suck. :D

Michael O'Sullivan
02-15-2010, 4:52 PM
Unless there is more than one exotic wood supplier in Middleton TN, I suspect I have bought from them as well. I did mine through ebay, and have generally been very satisfied (although today I did all but ruin a very nice piece of 12" wide hondouras mahogany I got from them...)

Don Inghram
02-15-2010, 5:17 PM
Unless there is more than one exotic wood supplier in Middleton TN, I suspect I have bought from them as well. I did mine through ebay, and have generally been very satisfied (although today I did all but ruin a very nice piece of 12" wide hondouras mahogany I got from them...)

Probably the same guy in TN I get my wood from. Excellent wood and GREAT prices. Have fun.

Karl Card
02-15-2010, 8:32 PM
Middleton TN is only big enough for one wood supplier...lol. Justin is a real good person who just happens to have good wood. I went down there myself just to pickup auctions that I won on ebay but I also have freinds and family in Paris, TN, which is where i grew up. I spent 90 bucks in gas to go down and back so that saved me about 300 dollars just shipping by the piece. I did however find out that it would only cost about 100 dollars to send a pallet of about 500 lbs to me.

But I tell ya i got some really nice pieces. Got 2 big chunks of black limba that are big enough and has eno0ugh character to make some nice guitar pieces.

But anyway trip went really good, only bad roads were coming out of indiana.

Just as soon as i get some planed to see the real beauty I will post a few pics.