PDA

View Full Version : Crib, Cradle, Bassinette?

Maurice Ungaro
10-27-2004, 9:15 AM
OK, one of my best friends has just announced that they are expecting, and I thought I'd build them a piece for the nursery. Any thoughts on what would be most useful, and any design ideas out there?

Maurice

Kent Cori
10-27-2004, 9:25 AM
Rug rats grow pretty quick so I would recommend the crib. Mine were out of a cradle in just a few months.

Bruce Page
10-27-2004, 9:33 AM
Maurice, if you do a search of the archives you'll find several ideas to choose from.

This is a cradle that I built for my granddaughter; http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=2801&highlight=cradle

Joe Breid
10-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Maurice,

I opted to build cribs for my grandchildren as they will use a crib longer than a cradle.

Here are pictures of the three different cribs that I built three years ago when we had three grandchilen within 6 months.

Joe

Shelley Bolster
10-28-2004, 7:03 AM
Wow Joe, those cribs are absolutely beautiful! I am in awe that you would chose to build 3 totally different styles in such a short period of time! I sure hope you put your name and date made on them as there is no question that these will be family heirlooms that will be passed down to many generations! Kudos to you, Grandpa!
Shelley

Michael Stafford
10-28-2004, 7:54 AM
Joe, those are beautifully executed. Your children and grandchildren are exceptionally lucky to have you around. You are A No. 1 super primo Granpa!!!

John Miliunas
10-28-2004, 8:29 AM
Maurice, my vote goes for a crib, as well! I have found that, especially if the child is a girl, the crib often stays in the room to continue use as a stuffed toy or doll "stash". :) And Joe, as the others have said, beautiful work on those cradles! Awesome! :) :cool:

Maurice Ungaro
10-28-2004, 8:47 AM
Thanks guys!

Great suggestions, and wonderful exmaples to gain some guidance from. I think my friends' due date is in July, so I've got time. Right, I've got time - you know how that goes, July will be like next month, and I'll say "D'oh!.....where'd the time go?!!"

I'll have fun designing the project and every other phase that goes with it. Look for the finished photos when that date approaches.

Maurice