PDA

View Full Version : loosing my mind..... euro hinge help plz!

Brad Hammond
10-27-2004, 12:15 AM
i cant remember and i cant seem to find the answer in my search's.

what's the distance between the edge of the door and the edge of the cup for a euro hinge with 1/2 inch overlay on a face frame cabinet.

shewwwwwwww......... i've yet to experiment with scrap, but i figured i'd ask all the experts!!!! love ya mean it!!
cya
brad

Jamie Buxton
10-27-2004, 12:32 AM
The answer depends on which hinge opening-angle and which hinge plate you bought. If you bought Blum and can find part numbers, I can look it up in the the catalog for you. Or you can go swim around the www.wwhardware.com web site, where they have all the Blum mounting info. For other manufacturers, see www.cabinetparts.com.

Herb Blair
10-27-2004, 4:55 AM
look for instructions here
http://www2.woodcraft.com/website/e-controller/instructions_local.asp?

Tom O'Donnell
10-27-2004, 5:54 AM
i cant remember and i cant seem to find the answer in my search's.

what's the distance between the edge of the door and the edge of the cup for a euro hinge with 1/2 inch overlay on a face frame cabinet.

shewwwwwwww......... i've yet to experiment with scrap, but i figured i'd ask all the experts!!!! love ya mean it!!
cya
brad
In my experience with concealed hinges 5mm is a good setting
Tom

Brad Hammond
10-27-2004, 10:04 AM
5mm...................... gotcha.

thanx all!!
brad

Steve Clardy
10-27-2004, 10:48 AM
I use Salice brand. I just set them a little less than 1/8". Never got that metric thing down, don't want to start now.:rolleyes:
Even if you don't quite get the right distance, the adjustments in the hinge will compensate for it.

Steve:)

Roger Kirkpatrick
10-27-2004, 10:25 PM
I use 3mm (1/8") for my Blum 120 degree 1/2" overlay hinges.