PDA

View Full Version : Font Help

Ray Rouleau
02-13-2010, 7:09 PM
I'm trying to duplicate the attached font "TROIS-LACS" but am having no luck. is there a way to do this in Corel? Was trying to use this logo to engrave but It's not coming out the way I'De like
Rgds

john passek
02-13-2010, 7:45 PM
Ray
What version of corel are you running, check under TEXT and see if you have (what's the font) if that doesn't help try dafont dot com and do a search for the font you need, they are free and easy to download.
good luck
John

Tony Lenkic
02-13-2010, 7:54 PM
Ray,

Do you need complete logo or just font recreated?
If you are looking for all then contact William Desrochers our logo guy on the forum.

Larry Bratton
02-13-2010, 8:40 PM
I doubt your going to find a font that is going to give you that appearance. This was created by starting with a font and then applying an envelope with the Envelope tool. If you had a better graphic, you could just trace the one you have, but unfortunately this one is not going to trace too well.

Joseph B. Chritz
02-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I went to their web site and looked for a pdf with a logo, sometimes you get lucky, but I didn't find one. Then I checked a couple of doc files and found a logo that didn't look to bad. It is titled "bout de souffle.doc".

I put it in CorelDraw and did a "Quick Trace" and it's not too bad.

Larry Bratton
02-13-2010, 10:30 PM
I went to their web site and looked for a pdf with a logo, sometimes you get lucky, but I didn't find one. Then I checked a couple of doc files and found a logo that didn't look to bad. It is titled "bout de souffle.doc".

I put it in CorelDraw and did a "Quick Trace" and it's not too bad.
Yep..that should solve the problem...looks great!

Curt Heggemeyer
02-14-2010, 12:45 AM
I dont know if this will help anyone out or not or maybe every one knows about this website already.
But for logos and things of that nature we have been using a web site called: www.brandsoftheworld.com (http://www.brandsoftheworld.com)

They have eps artwork of many things there. If you have never used it before it is worth earmarking this.

Hope that helps some of you out in the future.

Curt

Ray Rouleau
02-14-2010, 4:29 PM
Thanks Joeseph that's awsome, I've been all through websites trying to find something descent. I was able to use this image to make some realy nice bag tags.
Rgds
Ray

Jim Lauer
02-15-2010, 10:12 AM
You can always us What The Font http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ to try and figure out the exact font used, then locate it on the web. I have used it a lot to find an obsure font a customer brings in and wahts on a sign or engraved.

Just upload a small file to the site answer a couple of questions and they give you several possibilities.