PDA

View Full Version : Scrollsaw Gloat

Jimmy Tallent
10-26-2004, 9:58 PM
Picked up a Hawk scroll saw today,looks like a good machine.Its on a factory stand.and came with a bunch of patterns and books and blades.I dont know much about these machines .Any one know about these machines? Thanks Jimmy

Gary Max
10-27-2004, 4:18 AM
Foul---- 10 yards -----basket doesn't count.
No pics----you must post pic with all tool gloats.
Since I am from Kentucky to --- it would be better hearing it from me.

Oh-- the wife has a Hawk and loves it.
We are a hour east of I-65

Tyler Howell
10-27-2004, 6:49 AM
Thanks Gary, Our latest member of the pix police;)

Tony Falotico
10-27-2004, 7:08 AM
Picked up a Hawk scroll saw today,looks like a good machine.

Before the Dewalt hit the market, The RBI (aka Hawk), Hegner and Excaliber were the Primo high end machines. At that time, they were all priced in the four digit figures, I don't know what they cost today. Any of the three are still very rare to find used.

Don't forget the Pic's.

Jimmy Tallent
10-27-2004, 7:27 PM
Sorry , i dont know how to put picture on here. HELP!!!!

Bob Marino
10-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Jim,

I just bought a Hawk, almost new out of the box from a friend yesterday, at a price I could not walk away from. I set it up and made a couple of quick cuts. I don't know how it compares with the Hegner or Excaliber, but I am impressed in every aspect I've seen so far.
Packed very well, they had a short and straightforward video which demonstrated set up, blade tensioning, blade changing, sawing, etc.
The manual was also very readable. All materials were first rate, and I can imagine this machine lasting forever. I was glad to see and own such a high quality tool that's still made entirely here in the USA.

Bob

Frank Pellow
10-28-2004, 3:37 AM
Jim,

I just bought a Hawk, almost new out of the box from a friend yesterday, at a price I could not walk away from.

Bob

So now we have two gloats about the same type of saw in this thread and neither one has a picture. Bob, you can't use the excuse that you don't know how to attach one.

Roger Barga
10-28-2004, 3:52 AM
So I unboxed my new RBI Hawk last week and have spent the past couple of evenings working with it, cutting out a marquetry pattern I made to break it in. What a wonderful machine and a great company to do business with. I will take a photo of my new toy when the dust clears in the shop (er, garage).

Roger

Gary Max
10-28-2004, 3:54 AM
Double Foul---------hard to beleive Uncle Bob would do anything like this.
Sneaking in a gloat with out a pic on someone eles post.
That's 30 minutes standing in the corner .

Bob you will really be glad you bought the Hawk---SWMBO has had hers for over 10 years and it still works like a new one. Her's is before they had VS which is the only thing she would like to have.

John Miliunas
10-28-2004, 8:05 AM
Good grief, there's NEVER a cop around when you need one! :eek: Hey, congrats to both of you guys! I'm quite happy with my Dewalt, but I hear that the Hawks are nice units, as well. :) We DO expect pics of the gear and products from the respective machines! :) :cool:

larry merlau
10-28-2004, 8:51 AM
Good grief, there's NEVER a cop around when you need one! :eek: Hey, congrats to both of you guys! I'm quite happy with my Dewalt, but I hear that the Hawks are nice units, as well. :) We DO expect pics of the gear and products from the respective machines! :) :cool:

hey john is there any tool you dont have :D sounds like you have more shop than house, in order to hold all of your tools. and good grab both of you guys. someday the rest of us might get lucky as well :D

John Miliunas
10-28-2004, 9:10 AM
hey john is there any tool you dont have :D sounds like you have more shop than house, in order to hold all of your tools. and good grab both of you guys. someday the rest of us might get lucky as well :D

Larry, we just bought this property about a year ago. LOML found it and really "sold" it to me on account of the shop. It just happened to come with a house, as well! :D Actually, it's a dern good thing I have a shop, 'cuz with as much work as the stupid house needs, there's no way I could do it without a shop! :mad: And no, I do NOT have a LOT of tools! Too many more, though, and I'll run out of shop space! :cool:

Bob Marino
10-28-2004, 11:40 AM
So now we have two gloats about the same type of saw in this thread and neither one has a picture. Bob, you can't use the excuse that you don't know how to attach one.

Ok, here it is. It is very well made.

Christian Aufreiter
10-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Ok, here it is. It is very well made.

Now this is a sweet little pic. :D So small and already a pic ;)
In German we'd say, "Was wird es denn, wenn es einmal groß ist?".
Would mean something like "I wonder what it will become when it will be grown up."

Regards,

Christian

John Miliunas
10-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Would mean something like "I wonder what it will become when it will be grown up."

Regards,

Christian

Christian, you've got me ROFLMAO! :D :cool:

Bob Marino
10-28-2004, 12:54 PM

Regards,

Christian
Ha!, ha! ha! Very funny :o

Bob Marino
10-28-2004, 1:18 PM
Christian, you've got me ROFLMAO! :D :cool:
John and Christian,

This is bordering on libel, making fun of a person almost computer illiterate. Please direct your comments to my lawyer :D ;) :D ;)

Frank Pellow
10-28-2004, 1:25 PM
Bob, now that you have posted a picture that I can see, I can tell you that I admire (and covet) your aquisition.

John Miliunas
10-28-2004, 1:27 PM
John and Christian,

This is bordering on libel, making fun of a person almost computer illiterate. Please direct your comments to my lawyer :D ;) :D ;)

Oh yeah??? Well, whatchit buddy or I'll get that tatoo guy up there! :D Hey, what's the throat on that bad boy, anyhow? :cool:

Bob Marino
10-28-2004, 1:31 PM
Hey, what's the throat on that bad boy, anyhow? :cool:[/QUOTE]

John,

Do you mean F Lee's throat;) ? I don't know.

But the saw is a 26". :D :D :D :D :D \

Bob

John Miliunas
10-28-2004, 1:44 PM
:eek:
Hey, what's the throat on that bad boy, anyhow? :cool:

John,

Do you mean F Lee's throat;) ? I don't know.

But the saw is a 26".

Bob[/QUOTE]

Oh, fer cryin' out loud! 20thousand+ comedians out of work out there and this guy's trying to break into the business! :eek: Sheeeesh! :D

26"? Yowza! That's taking a BIG bite! Again, congrats. I'll bet you'll be enjoying that "little" toy! :cool:

Christian Aufreiter
10-28-2004, 1:45 PM
Ha!, ha! ha! Very funny :o

Thanks for the pic. Now that I can see it I think it looks like a Hawk scrollsaw :D
Congrats on this fine tool.

mike lucas
10-29-2004, 1:20 AM
My wife also has a fairly new RBI G4 Hawk 26" scroll saw. I have not used it much, but that thing is almost as smooth operating as a good table saw. It has next to no vibration. And at $1100 delivered, the price is not to bad for what you get. Like the others said, it comes with a bunch of stuff including 72 blades.

If it were up to me, I would have found a better place to send the $1100 though.;) But those of you that are married know exactly what you must do to keep a healthy and happy relationship:eek: Besides, the money was her`s:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tyler Howell
10-29-2004, 8:38 AM
[QUOTE=John Miliunas]Good grief, there's NEVER a cop around when you need one!
The righteous citizens of SMC have picked up the torch and are policing themselves. Ever vigilant of infractions in the unwritten rules, the Pix police are watching. There are some newly deputized members of the Pix police as well. Ken, Larry, and Gary are doing a excellent job of up holding the law.:p

Oh yah nice S Saw there Bob. Looks pretty beefy!!:cool:
When is Festool coming out with its' model:confused: :D

Dennis Peacock
10-29-2004, 8:52 AM
Congrats to you ALL you your new scrollsaw purchases.

Bob Marino..? You are doing good on getting your pics posted.!!! :p ;)

BTW, Just one word when it comes to scrollsaws: Eclipse!! :p $1295