PDA

View Full Version : Switch for c'man jig saw?

Jay Yoder
02-13-2010, 4:05 PM
Hey all, my dad's jig saw (now mine) just quit working, the switch is dead. This saw has always done a great job for me, but now I am faced with trying to find a trigger switch for it. Normally, I would just throw it out, but it is the first power saw I ever used, and was my dad's before his passing. Anyone know of any place to find a trigger switch? It is model 315.172050. Thanks!

Chris Tsutsui
02-13-2010, 4:13 PM
I would go to a local sears parts/service center or try to find the part using the sears parts website.

I had to find parts for an older cman pressure washer and was successful at the sears store, but not so much online.

The only downside is you'll have to pay for shipping most likely regardless of whether or not your at the store or buying online. Shipping might be $10 by itself.

So if it's sentimental, then fix it.

If not, then you can just get a Bosch, or Ridgid clearance jigsaw from HD. (Bosch is $130-160, Ridgid is around $80 on clearance right now).

Jay Yoder
02-13-2010, 6:44 PM
I tried the c'man website but it is no longer available. Are the ridgids any good? I can get the thing to work but the variable speed function will not work.

Ryan Welch
02-13-2010, 7:59 PM
Ridgids are ok but, if you are in the market for a jig saw, may I recommend the Bosch 1590EVSK. This is the best jig saw I ever used. Just Awesome!!

Chris Tsutsui
02-13-2010, 8:08 PM
I have nothing against the Rigid jigsaw, i've messed around with one and you should be able to hold one at HD if they have them left.

I currently own two Bosch jig saws that have treated me well. I havn't heard a bad review on a Bosch.

The worse Jigsaw I ever bought was a B&D. The metal clamp that holds the bit in place spontaneously cracked while using it for hobby stuff. The vibrations were also a big nuisance.

Michael Wildt
02-13-2010, 9:34 PM
If you post a picture of the switch it may be possible someone knows where to find one similar. There is quite a few electronic web shops around so maybe a similar switch can be found.

Willard Foster
02-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Are there any numbers on the switch? If so, google it. I've had pretty good luck with parts.

Do you own an ohmeter? Just curious if you can read the total resistance of the switch.

Bill