PDA

View Full Version : Router Table Question

Steve Roxberg
10-26-2004, 9:24 PM
I am building a router table of my own design and need some suggestions. For Drawers.

The design is very much like Norms in that I can have a stack of small narrow drawers on each side of the Router bay. These can be as much as 24" deep and 4" wide, with a height of 16". So I'm thinking three four by four drawers, probably 20" deep.

The question is, do I buy cheap drawer runners or do something else?

Do you see any other problem with this design.

How did norm do it?

Hank Walczak
10-26-2004, 9:34 PM
Steve- Think you'll have better luck in the "General woodworking and Power tools" or the" design" forums. good luck...

Kent Cori
10-26-2004, 9:40 PM
Steve,

The faces on my NYW router table drawers are 4 1/2" tall. This has allowed me to house all my bits plus my collection of forstner bits (under 2" diameter). I have one longer trim bit that just rubs the bottom of the drawer face above it. I recommend you make them at least this tall. Any less and you may be disappointed when your longer bits won't fit. If you want four drawers per side as I have, just add a couple of inches to the overall height. I found the height in the NYW plans to be a bit low for my 6' tall frame and bad lower back anyway. The top of my caster mounted table is 41" above the floor.