PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Belinda Williamson!

Steve Schlumpf
02-13-2010, 1:53 AM
Belinda - just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday and thank you for all you do to help make Sawmill Creek such a friendly community!

Have a great day and a wonderful year!

Brian Kent
02-13-2010, 3:06 AM
I second the motion.

All in favor say "Aye"!

Glenn Clabo
02-13-2010, 7:03 AM
Happy birthday Belinda!
And in honor of the day...I promise I will not be doing any "swift kicking"...today. ;)

John Keeton
02-13-2010, 7:42 AM
Happy Birthday Belinda! Oh wait, women don't have birthdays!! I take it back and apologize for suggesting that you have aged even one day more!:D:D

Hope you have a great one!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-13-2010, 9:25 AM
Happy birthday Belinda!
And in honor of the day...I promise I will not be doing any "swift kicking"...today. ;)

Way to go Clabo! Do you realize what could happen now?:rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Belinda! May you have many, many more!

Scott Shepherd
02-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Happy Birthday Belinda! Finally 21! ;)

Enjoy your day!

David Christopher
02-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Happy Birthday, Belinda. hope your day is filled with fun

Art Mulder
02-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Happy Happy Day!

(But really, so close to Valentine's day is a bit of a ripoff. My father-in-law gets similarly gypped by having a Dec 23 b'day, so for many years he would insist on some sort of a Jun "half-birthday" celebration. So feel free to have another bash come August!) :p

...art

Dave Johnson29
02-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Yaaayyy, me too, ditto to what they say above Belinda, well except for the "swift kicking" as I do not know what that is. So to be on the safe side, I'd like to omit that from my ditto, just in case. :)

Belinda Barfield
02-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Happy birthday Belinda!

OOOOO, this is gonna' be fun!

Seriously, thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I slept in until 9:15 -a really late morning for me. I'm on my first cup of coffee and simply cannot understand why that darn maid hasn't delivered my breakfast tray! This is why I like to spend my birthday in a hotel with room service. :D I don't have a big day planned, you'd think turning 21 would hold a little sigificance for me, but it seems like just another birthday. ;)

Actually it was a pretty special birthday. At the official time of my birth last night it was snowing. I was enjoying a nice crackling fire and sipping champagne when it started . . .
141881141882 141887

On a more serious note, I do count my birthdays and am always thankful when one more rolls around. It means I have more time to spend with great folks like you!:)

Belinda Barfield
02-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Happy Happy Day!

(But really, so close to Valentine's day is a bit of a ripoff. My father-in-law gets similarly gypped by having a Dec 23 b'day, so for many years he would insist on some sort of a Jun "half-birthday" celebration. So feel free to have another bash come August!) :p

...art

When I was still living at home with my parents (oh blissful time of no worry or care) my mother always did the birthday thing, and my daddy took care of Valentine's Day. I always got chocolate. Then I moved into the real world where men seem to think giving a woman chocolate is a bad thing . . . let me give you a bit of advice. ALWAYS give chocolate. It doesn't matter what diet we say we are on, most of us adore chocolate. . . even if we only consume that one special piece a week. :rolleyes:

Yaaayyy, me too, ditto to what they say above Belinda, well except for the "swift kicking" as I do not know what that is. So to be on the safe side, I'd like to omit that from my ditto, just in case. :)

Thanks Dave! Basically Mr. Clabo gave me free rein to be as obnoxious as I want to be, but just for this one day. :D Fortunately I'm not going to take him up on that!

Jim O'Dell
02-13-2010, 11:05 AM
OOOOHH! Snow on her birthday!! What a treat.
Don't run into anything you shouldn't when you're sledding today! Jim.

Belinda Barfield
02-13-2010, 11:09 AM
OOOOHH! Snow on her birthday!! What a treat.
Don't run into anything you shouldn't when you're sledding today! Jim.

The snow is just a melted memory, Jim, but it was a treat! I think from now on I'm going to plan a trip for my birthday and go somewhere that it is likely to snow. I usually go to Charleston, SC for the Southeastern Wildlife Expo, but couldn't make it this year. :( It snowed in Charleston though so maybe that should have been my plan.

Mike Henderson
02-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Hope you have a great Birthday.

Mike

Belinda Barfield
02-13-2010, 11:15 AM
The big birthday bash is next weekend (all my gal pals were busy this weekend - you'd think it was some big holiday or something:rolleyes:). My Ya Ya sisterhood will be descending on Savannah and the town may never be the same. Saturday afternoon we're all going to the Springtime Made in the South crafts show so we can get all that girly, need to make something stuff out of our system. Saturday night we will be converging at the infamous Club One to see the one and only Lady Chablis (of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil fame). Following that we're going for drinks at Rocks on the Roof, the open rooftop bar of the Bohemian hotel, on the river. The view of the river is outstanding!

So, if you happen to be in downtown Savannah next weekend look for us. I'll be the one wearing a tiara . . . a tradition that started five or so years ago and apparently cannot be discontinued. :eek:

Ted Calver
02-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Happy Birthday!!! and many happy returns!!

Dave Anderson NH
02-13-2010, 3:25 PM
Happy Birthday Belinda. Since you mentioned chocolate, I was at a friends house today for a hand tools meeting. I had to use the rest room and his wife had an embroidered towel hanging in a place of honor with the inscription, "A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.":D

Jackie Outten
02-13-2010, 4:15 PM
Happy Birthday Belinda. I am looking forward to finally being able to meet you at IWF in Atlanta.

Jackie Outten

Myk Rian
02-13-2010, 6:03 PM
The snow is just a melted memory, Jim, but it was a treat! I think from now on I'm going to plan a trip for my birthday and go somewhere that it is likely to snow. I usually go to Charleston, SC for the Southeastern Wildlife Expo, but couldn't make it this year. :( It snowed in Charleston though so maybe that should have been my plan.
You want snow? Lots of it? Come on up to Michigan, the upper peninsula, and visit Marquette. People have entrance doors on the second floor for a reason. :)
Happy B-day gal. Many more.

Ted Calver
02-13-2010, 7:09 PM
I think we're gonna need some event security for this bash :)

Jim Mattheiss
02-13-2010, 7:52 PM
Note to Belinda:

After your outing next weekend, remember to have one of the Ya Ya Sisterhood accompany you home and help to remove those treacherous boots - we don't need to see any more shiners.

Happy Birthday!

Cheers

Jim

Belinda Barfield
02-14-2010, 9:54 AM
Thanks all. It was a great day! Well, pretty great. I got my butt kicked at Trivial Pursuit at a friend's house last night, but since it was after midnight I guess it counts as happening today. Apparently I just don't know enough about show business.:rolleyes:

Jackie, I'm looking forward to meeting you also. :)

As for the treacherous boots . . . I'll be wearing a different pair, a pair with higher heels. All the better for kicking them up don't ya' know. :D Hopefully no broken bones will result from said activity. I ain't as young as I used to be . . .

Phyllis Meyer
02-14-2010, 11:08 AM
My Southern Friend,

Have an awesome day! You do bring a smile to this forum and here's some smiles back for you:):):):):)!!

Eat chocolate cake and the world will be ok!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Rob Cunningham
02-15-2010, 1:09 PM
Happy belated birthday Belinda. Enjoy the bash next weekend.

Leigh Costello
02-17-2010, 1:00 AM
Happy Belated Birthday, Belinda! Enjoy your YaYa's and your party. I am, however, very jealous that you got a tiara! :p

I will now remember your birthday every year as I celebrate marital bliss (or something sort of like bliss) on 2-13. Mostly, I will still be jealous of the tiara......but I will get my flowers and chocolates...and...then on Valentine's Day a big ole gaudy card and a lovely dinner cooked by hubby.

Belinda Barfield
02-17-2010, 8:54 AM
Happy Belated Birthday, Belinda! Enjoy your YaYa's and your party. I am, however, very jealous that you got a tiara! :p

I will now remember your birthday every year as I celebrate marital bliss (or something sort of like bliss) on 2-13. Mostly, I will still be jealous of the tiara......but I will get my flowers and chocolates...and...then on Valentine's Day a big ole gaudy card and a lovely dinner cooked by hubby.

Happy belated anniversary to you and your hubby!

About that tiara . . . I'm hoping we can dispense with that tradition this year. Seeing as how we are going to see Lady Chablis at a club famous for its female impersonators, I wouldn't want anyone to think I was wearing my fancy tiara to try to compete with the natives! :eek:

A number of years ago my dear friend Linda decided that nothing says "birthday" quite like something gaudy and sparkly on one's head. Unfortunately, when she had this inspired thought it happened to be a few days before my birthday. She bought me a tiara and, as they say, the rest is history. Actually, she bet me I wouldn't wear it for the entire night, and I just can't pass up an opportunity to win a bet.

You know how sometimes people can't think of anything to give as a gift so they decide that just because you have one purple ceramic rabbit (given to you by your slightly demented great aunt) that you obviously collect rabbits? That's what happened with the tiara! I now have a collection of sparkly, gaudy, cheesy (some plastic), fabulous tiaras!

People think it is a little strange to see a grown woman sporting a tiara but, not ever having been seriously concerned about what people think, I wear mine proudly! It's a little like the Red Hat Society . . . in fact, I think I'll start the Sparkly Tiara Society.

David G Baker
02-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Purple ceramic rabbits. I'll have to remember that.
Happy belated birthday wishes.
I don't think there is anything strange about a grown woman wearing a tiara but I spent over 25 years working in San Francisco. :D

Belinda Barfield
02-17-2010, 1:51 PM
Purple ceramic rabbits. I'll have to remember that.
Happy belated birthday wishes.
I don't think there is anything strange about a grown woman wearing a tiara but I spent over 25 years working in San Francisco. :D

Thank you sir!

You reminded me of the hands down worst gift I ever received. To give you the setting, I graduated from high school at the end of the disco daze. My great aunt Gladys who had never given me a gift before decided to break that tradition. By the by, Aunt Gladys was married to my grandmother's brother, Sonny. Uncle Sonny always had a cut potato in his pocket to help with his arthritis pain. But I digress. I opened my gift from Aunt Gladys with much anticipation (after the series of electroshock therapy treatments we were never quite sure what Aunt Gladys woud do next). After removing 17 yards of ribbon and a lot of haphazardly applied wrapping paper I found a shoe box, and in that box was something very shiny. I removed the shiny object only to find that it was a silver lame' pleated batwing blouse - totally appropriate for a 17 year old:rolleyes:. If you aren't familiar with silver lame', pleats, or batwing blouses - particularly the combination of all three - I can't help you out because there is simply no describing such a creation. :D I'll bet with my tiara and that blouse I would rule Club One.

Leigh Costello
02-17-2010, 3:04 PM
I will BET you won't wear lame with your tiara to Lady Chablis!:D

You will post pics won't you, of your night out (pg13 please, LOL)?

I am stealing my daughter's tiara for my next night out!

David G Baker
02-17-2010, 6:19 PM
I graduated from high school about the time that surfers came on the horizon so I am not familiar with silver lame but I am with Leigh on posting photos (rating is up to you and the moderators). Silver lame sounds like something that John Travolta would wear in his disco movie. :D
Your aunt Gladys wasn't one of my ex-wives was she? Reason I ask is because the electroshock treatment sounds familiar. Is there anything wrong with carrying a potato in my pocket?
I looked silver lame up on the Internet and think it is neat but don't recall seeing one in person.

Belinda Barfield
02-18-2010, 9:24 AM
I graduated from high school about the time that surfers came on the horizon so I am not familiar with silver lame but I am with Leigh on posting photos (rating is up to you and the moderators). Silver lame sounds like something that John Travolta would wear in his disco movie. :D
Your aunt Gladys wasn't one of my ex-wives was she? Reason I ask is because the electroshock treatment sounds familiar. Is there anything wrong with carrying a potato in my pocket?
I looked silver lame up on the Internet and think it is neat but don't recall seeing one in person.

Okay . . . I'll post photos. I'm pretty sure Uncle Sonny was the only man Aunt Gladys ever married, and no, there is nothing wrong with carrying a potato in your pocket. Just change it out once it starts to go bad and get smelly. :D

If you had seen silver lame in person I'm pretty sure you would remember it.

Scott Shepherd
02-18-2010, 11:38 AM
You sure he carried a potato in his pocket? Maybe he was just happy :)

Belinda Barfield
02-18-2010, 2:49 PM
You sure he carried a potato in his pocket? Maybe he was just happy :)

Yep Steve, it was a tater. Aunt Gladys complained rather loudly to anyone who would listen that Uncle Sonny was happiness challenged. ;)

Scott Shepherd
02-18-2010, 3:04 PM
Thanks Belinda, I almost spit drink out my nose on that one :D

Dennis Peacock
02-19-2010, 1:32 PM
Awwwwwwww.....how sweet.....Belinda's having an "anniversary".!!!

She must be 19 (again).

Happy Birthday..!!!!!

Belinda Barfield
02-19-2010, 4:52 PM
Thanks Dennis! You know, this has been great. I've had almost a whole week of birthday wishes. :) I have to be honest though, I'm 21 again. :D