PDA

View Full Version : don't ya just love the Olympics...

Greg Cuetara
02-13-2010, 12:20 AM
I love the spirit of the Olympics and so far it looks like Canada has done a great job.

Thank you Canada for hosting this great event for the World. I find it very interesting to learn about different countries around the world and this year especially Canada.

May all our thoughts and prayers go out to the Georgian Luger and his family.

Greg

Sean Troy
02-13-2010, 12:46 AM
I don't think any country has put on a better opening ceremonies ever before. Spectacular !

Jim Terrill
02-13-2010, 1:08 AM
Minus the malfunctioning post for the cauldron, incredible show. The projection and the use of flywires was amazing.

Brian Kent
02-13-2010, 1:50 AM
I haven't seen the whole opening ceremony yet. We are just one hour into it. Ironically, we are in the same time zone as the olympics but we see it 3 hours after the east coast because of maximizing ad revenue.

But I did look at NYTIMES.COM and found out that Wayne Gretzke lit the torch.

Joe Pelonio
02-13-2010, 1:54 AM
I haven't seen the whole opening ceremony yet. We are just one hour into it. Ironically, we are in the same time zone as the olympics but we see it 3 hours after the east coast because of maximizing ad revenue.

Same here, we're less than 3 hours drive away and have to see it delayed. Sure miss the CBC broadcasts, they didn't get the contract this year. These NBC guys won't shut up and let us just enjoy the show.

Jim O'Dell
02-13-2010, 11:10 AM
YES! The opening ceremonies were great. Did you get a close look at the wire flying contraptions they were wearing? Allowed them to spin within the harness, as well as rotate around the pivot point. Truly amazing.
So sad to start the day in such a gut wrenching way losing a competitor. Jim.