PDA

View Full Version : Power Twist Link Belt?

Tony Shea
02-12-2010, 8:55 PM
Ok, this has probably been asked before. But I was contemplating a new Link Belt for my Ridgid R4511. I don't have bad vibration but has a little on start-up and shut-down while the motor is at lower speeds. I would assume that this vibration is normal but am tempted to try and reduce it with a link belt. I would be nice not to have any vibration but maybe it's not possible. I have a free shipping option from Rockler and wanted to spend a bit. Do you think this is a worthy investment.

Neil Brooks
02-12-2010, 9:15 PM
I remembered reading this review (http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/powertwistplus.htm) a few months ago. Seemed pretty unequivocally positive.

[mods: I think this kind of posting of a link to another site is okay. If not, please forgive....]

Mac McQuinn
02-12-2010, 9:27 PM
Installed one on my Contractor saw which also had the start-up & shut down vibes......Now totally gone:D.

Mac

Tony Shea
02-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Intersting that it relieved the saw of all start up and shut down vibrations. I don't really know the differences in contractor to hybrid style saws and how the belt effects each. But it would be nice to have the vibes gone.

John McClanahan
02-12-2010, 10:50 PM
I had the start up / shut down vibes on my Craftsman. Even with a new belt. I put a linked belt on and the vibration stopped. Get one a Harbor Freight Tools with a 20% off coupon and save a few bucks.

John