PDA

View Full Version : Clausing Drill Press

Joe Stallard
02-12-2010, 8:48 PM
Is there anyone out there with a Clausing Drill Press they are using for woodworking? I have been offered one but I have a Powermatic PM 1150 that is doing fine. The Clausing is heavy-heavy duty and is better for metal working, which I do need on occasion. Any ideas?

Van Huskey
02-12-2010, 9:10 PM
No idea what model you are considering but the biggest issue would be the table. You will probably need to build a table to clamp onto the metal working table. But otherwise it will have enough high speed and certainly enough low speed for big bits so it should work well and be a serious workhorse once you get the table figured out.

Bob Aquino
02-12-2010, 10:47 PM
What model or size clausing we talking about? If its a 15" its probably about the equivalent of the Pmatic you are using right now. Somebody asked over on owwm about a 20 inch machine over on owwm, that is in another league in terms of size and weight.

I have a 15" vs Clausing, and had a couple of 15" vs Rockwells pass through my hands, the Clausing is a much better machine. Compared to a Pmatic, then its more of a tossup.