PDA

View Full Version : Delta DP350 drill press problem

Myk Rian
02-12-2010, 8:36 PM
The upper speed control pulley, (motor end) has a split pin that holds the half pulley to an insert spacer. This 1/4" length pin keeps coming loose. Aside from putting a wire tie around it, did Delta ever have a fix for this?

Marty Paulus
02-13-2010, 9:10 AM
Myk. The only reason the roll pin would come loose is if the hole is oversized. It would only take a few thou over for the pin to work its way out. I would just tap it for a set screw and use a drop of thread lock. It shouldn't come loose after that.

Myk Rian
02-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi Marty;

The problem with a set screw is the inner sleeve needs to float to prevent binding. One would work, but it would need the end to have a pin shape on the end.
I'll just have to see if the wire tie works, and give Delta a call.

Ronald Blue
02-16-2013, 9:14 PM
The roll pin looks like it has suffered some degradation which happens in places where the parts can work. I would look at just trying a new roll pin. They also make what they call heavy duty spiral roll pins. Almost the equivalent to a solid pin.

glenn bradley
02-16-2013, 10:43 PM
+1 on a spiral roll pin (http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/images/rollpins.gif).

Myk Rian
02-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Well, it worked with the wire tie, at least until I sold the drill over a year ago.
The fellow that bought it was informed of it.