PDA

View Full Version : Service Response Time - Epilog

Douglas Murphy
02-12-2010, 4:44 PM
Hello -

I am curious if anyone else has had service response issues with Epilog in Northern California... we have been waiting for almost two weeks for the tech guy to show up and swap out some belts on two 45 watt units at TechShop here in Menlo Park. Today I heard from TS employees that they will be out on the 19th - in another seven days. Their office is just 11 minutes away from TechShop.

I think that's way too long for a 20 minute belt swap, but that's just me.

I see their advertisements all over Techshop for Eplilog lasers and their technical service. With literally hundreds of customers coming to TechShop and using the conspicuously-branded Epilog lasers, one would think that they would be right on top of the situation - establishing their reputation for timely service and making friends of all the future laser buyers using the machines at TechShop.

I guess they are just super busy right now?

Right?

Dan Hintz
02-12-2010, 4:54 PM
I would find that level of service to be completely unacceptable... 3 weeks to swap out a belt is just not right.

Mike Null
02-12-2010, 7:08 PM
Douglas

What is your standing in this issue? Are you a manager or operator at Techshop? Have you been directly involved in the contact with the Epilog distributor?

What do you mean you "heard from some employees at Techshop". I'm surmising that you are not the injured party here. If that is indeed the case then what you are saying amounts to nothing more than hearsay and it is unfair to permit such a post to remain.

Please explain yourself.

Martin Boekers
02-12-2010, 7:36 PM
I didn't think Epilog did on location tech service.

Was this from a sales distributor?

Belts are an easy swap out, curious why the shop didn't perform it themselves.:confused:

From checking the web site they have quite an operation, surely someone is capable of changing a belt.

Just some thoughts

Joe Pelonio
02-12-2010, 8:34 PM
I'm also curious as to whether you complaint or some 3rd party service company. I have swapped out 2 tubes, 2 motors, and several rand lenses myself, as there was never any Epilog tech staff in our area, and I thought all service was by phone/email. As for their service, I never had any complaints about their response time, for help or shipping of parts.

Larry Bratton
02-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Hello -

I am curious if anyone else has had service response issues with Epilog in Northern California... we have been waiting for almost two weeks for the tech guy to show up and swap out some belts on two 45 watt units at TechShop here in Menlo Park. Today I heard from TS employees that they will be out on the 19th - in another seven days. Their office is just 11 minutes away from TechShop.

I think that's way too long for a 20 minute belt swap, but that's just me.

I see their advertisements all over Techshop for Eplilog lasers and their technical service. With literally hundreds of customers coming to TechShop and using the conspicuously-branded Epilog lasers, one would think that they would be right on top of the situation - establishing their reputation for timely service and making friends of all the future laser buyers using the machines at TechShop.

I guess they are just super busy right now?

Right?
Huh? I didn't know Epilog did direct service. Are you referring to an Epilog distributor? If so, I suggest you correct your post.

Peck Sidara
02-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Epilog does not offer factory direct onsite technical support. Several of our domestic distributors have the experience, training and knowledge to provide technical services/contracts.

Epilog established an arrangement between TechShop and our N. CA distributor, to provide service to TechShop within a two hour window. Because our distributor is only 11 minutes away, this made a lot of sense for everyone, and we’ve been able to live up to that level of support as far as we know. We can’t, and won’t, try to speak for TechShop, but we’re unaware of any outstanding issues at this time.

TechShop has scheduled a routine service call for the 19th. If they need us sooner we’ll be there, but they have not requested our service and have not made us aware of any pending situations.

We know the laser receives heavy use by a wide variety of people every day and we believe that we’re responsive to their needs. They count on our machine for a portion of their revenue, and believe me, they let us know when there’s a problem!

Douglas-I'm not certain of your position with TechShop but if the machines are down and is affecting TechShops' operation, has this urgent, poor service concern been addressed to your local Epilog representative or directly to the factory?

doug king
02-14-2010, 9:02 PM
Well that takes care of that...