PDA

View Full Version : Bible Box

George Bledsoe
10-26-2004, 4:53 PM
Sorry Betty I had to find a picture.
It is made of walnut scraps from the sawmill process.
I resawed a small crotch chunk that was a cut off.
It didn't take to lung to build and was fun watching the grain pop out and it was a good gift for my friend

Chris Padilla
10-26-2004, 5:01 PM
Nice! Gotta love that bookmatching and walnut has some of the best stuff for it.

Steve Stube
10-26-2004, 5:17 PM
Beautiful!

Looks like a scene from the parting of the Red Sea. Pharaoh's horsemen in pursuit (in the foreground) and the Sea rushing in (upper right) about to swallow them up.

George M. Perzel
10-26-2004, 5:55 PM
Hi George;
Very nice box-sure to be a heirloom. Here's one I did out of butternut inlaid with walnut.
George M. Perzel

Chris Padilla
10-26-2004, 5:59 PM
Are the words and cross all inlayed??:eek: Wow...very nice. :)

John Miliunas
10-26-2004, 6:14 PM
Beautiful!

Looks like a scene from the parting of the Red Sea. Pharaoh's horsemen in pursuit (in the foreground) and the Sea rushing in (upper right) about to swallow them up.

Wow! That's really perceptive of you, Steve! At first, I just thought it was plain old beautiful. Your description adds even more to it! :)

Anyhow, great job on what I'm sure will be treasured as a family heirloom! :) :cool:

John Miliunas
10-26-2004, 6:17 PM
Yikes! Two "George's" with beautiful bible boxes in the same thread! :eek: Love the figuring on the first one and the inlay is superb on the second. Nice job by both of you! :cool:

George M. Perzel
10-26-2004, 7:13 PM
John/Chris;
Thanks- inlay was done with a laser.
George M. Perzel

Marshall Harrison
10-26-2004, 8:05 PM
Great looking boxes guys.

Steve - you've got an active imagination (or a great eye). I didn't see that until after I read your post then I went back and looked again. Sure nuff it's exactly as you described it.

Ted Shrader
10-26-2004, 8:48 PM
George and Beorge -

Very nice work on both boxes. The way the grain pops when finishing wood is rewarding. Sometimes well beyond expectations.

Regards,
Ted

Betsy Yocum
10-26-2004, 9:05 PM
Beautiful boxes George & George - hope I could do one as well sometime soon.

What type of hinge did you use? What are the wall dimensions?

Thanks for sharing. I like the bookmatch from the resaw - very nice.:)

Betsy

George Bledsoe
10-27-2004, 8:38 AM
I just finished sawing 12 logs of Butternut for a guy he is a wood carver. I am in the process of building two hope chests of Walnut with Butternut panels. I really like the look of butternut I have some more logs lined up to cut for my own use as soon as I get up to get them. I love the look of the butternut bible box you did a great job.