PDA

View Full Version : Honey Comb table

Curt Heggemeyer
02-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Hello,

This is my first post on the forums here and must say this is a great sight for any laser user.

My newbie question is how you most of you keep your table top clean? I got my laser used and the honey comb table was nice and clean. I used it for a few jobs including cutting wood and acrylic and now my table top is all brown from the wood. Do I need to make a jig that raises the material off of the table? Or is this just a common thing and need to take out the table once in a while and clean it?

Thanks to all that reply.

Ron Chapellaz
02-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Hello Curt,
Not sure which system you have as they may vary. I'm a newbie here as well, so I don't know if the vector grid materials are all the same. Here is what I found for my Epilog laser. http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_clean_vector_grid.htm You can check this or look up your laser manufacturers website. They hopefully have instructions there.

Lee DeRaud
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
The important question isn't "How do I clean?", it's "Should I clean?": note that you get less flash-back from a dirty (but perfectly functional) table than from a shiny clean one.

I only clean mine when the "ashtray" smell gets too bad to put up with. At that point the magic words are "Krud Kutter".

Curt Heggemeyer
02-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks,
That is exactly the info I was looking for. My table is starting to look like the one in the pic.

Thanks again.

Ray Uebner
02-12-2010, 4:39 PM
Hi
I use Krud Cutter. I find it at Home Depot in the paint area. I use it at full strength and it works well. It is non toxic and Biodegradable. Just spray it on let it sit for a little bit rinse off with water. Repeat until it is clean. Do not use a power washer, or oven cleaner. Hope this helped.

Jack Burton
02-14-2010, 11:21 AM
where can I get a piece of the honeycomb material?

Tony Lenkic
02-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Jack,

Have look at Mike Null's web site. I am sure he can help you with your request.

St. Louis lasers dot com

Tom Bull
02-14-2010, 1:15 PM
Mcmaster Carr sells honeycomb aluminum for around 60.00 24 x 24 x 1/2 inch.

Joe Pelonio
02-14-2010, 2:32 PM
Mcmaster Carr sells honeycomb aluminum for around 60.00 24 x 24 x 1/2 inch.
That's about double what I payed for the replacement at Epilog a few years ago (12x24) so must be a fair price if you need one that big. I have not cleaned mine, since it's not a performance issue as far as I can tell. I did turn it over in the frame when the area centered at about x6 y-6 started to sag.