PDA

View Full Version : Delta contract saw trunnion alignment

Jeremy Killingbeck
02-12-2010, 6:32 AM
I was working on the alignment of my Delta contractors saw blade to the miter slot have a question. I can get the blade aligned within less than .001" to the miter slot, but when I lower the blade slightly the alignment is off anywhere from .003" - .005". Is this normal? Should I be setting my blade alignment with the blade a max height?

Ray Chalenski
02-12-2010, 8:23 AM
Had the same problem with my contractor saw Jeremy.Called Delta and they walked me through the alignment process. You need to remove the blade and leave it at max. height. Place a flat plate(at least 6"x8") on top of the 2 tie-bars.I used a 3/8" piece of steel but wood or plywood will work as long as its perfectly flat.Depress one corner of the plate and if it rocks,the tie-bars are not paralell.To correct,loosen the tie-bar locknuts located at the rear of the saw. Grasp the motor bracket and move it to the left and or right.Check the rocking of the plate and when it no lnger rocks,the tie-bars are paralell. Re-tighten the locknuts.As a side note I had to alternately tighten the nuts a little at a time or else you move the alignment off ever so slightly. Good luck. Hope this helps.
Ray:rolleyes:

Dan Friedrichs
02-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Jeremy,

I found that whenever I hit the positive height or angle stops on my Delta contractor saw, the alignment goes off by ~0.005". I'd recommend doing your alignment with the blade just a little lower than max.

brian lundy
02-12-2010, 8:18 PM
go to tablesawalignment.com and you will find some very good advice. I had a problem when I tilted the blade to 45 degrees, it shifted out of align by more than 1/8 inch. His step by step took care of it.