PDA

View Full Version : Self Adhesive Acrylic

Christian Berrio
02-11-2010, 4:36 PM
Hi Guys

Is there any kind of self adhesive acrylic or is necessary to use a double-sided adhesive tape when I want to place a piece of acrylic on another one. If there is any one, where can I buy that.

Thanks

Richard Rumancik
02-11-2010, 5:50 PM
I doubt that you will find acrylic with PSA tape already applied; there are so many kinds/colors/thicknesses of acrylic that it would be a stocking nightmare.

However with the thin laminates like Rowmark and IPI products, you can get the tape applied before shipping. I think this is usually done by the distributor rather than the manufacturer. I have not elected to by it that way; I usually buy the 3M tape in a roll. I find that I can apply 2" width of tape by hand easily enough in strips, and it works okay for the tags/labels I make. Wider than 2" would be tricky by hand. If you make a mistake you will have a mess as the adhesive does not clean up easily.

I am assuming that you are not using transparent grades of acrylic, as the PSA tape probably would not look that good for bonding clear material.

Depending on what you are doing there may be some liquid adhesives that could also work - like the Weld-on series.

Norberto Coutinho
02-11-2010, 7:42 PM
Hi Guys

Is there any kind of self adhesive acrylic or is necessary to use a double-sided adhesive tape when I want to place a piece of acrylic on another one. If there is any one, where can I buy that.

Thanks
my favorite.... http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Super-77/Super77/SprayAdhesive/Product-Information/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE204A00_assetType=MMM_Art icle&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE204A00_assetId=1114284886 905&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE204A00_univid=11142848869 05

Martin Boekers
02-11-2010, 8:37 PM
MacTac and others make an optically clear double sided tape usually comes in larger rolls and you need a roller press to apply it.

Check with larger commercial photolabs and display makers.

Also there is acrylic adhesive that is cured under UV (see Crystal Magic for a line of products)

Marty