PDA

View Full Version : At least it ain't electric

James Taglienti
02-11-2010, 3:20 PM
*~Now I know this doesn't count as neanderthal but give me a little credit, it isn't electric after all...
Ohlsson & Rice engine... one speed wide open, always running... 8 1/4" blade... plows through pine, oak, hickory, and femurs without a stutter...
at least they put an electric kill switch...

David Gendron
02-11-2010, 3:28 PM
This is a great find... but neander meens powered by human only... So put a crank on the side of theis one and it could b consider as neander tool;)

David Barbee
02-11-2010, 3:45 PM
My Amish friends would love that. Wonder if they made a radial arm saw version? :rolleyes:

Jim Koepke
02-11-2010, 4:37 PM
This is a great find... but neander meens powered by human only...

Well, at least it takes human power to pull the cord to get it going.

jim

harry strasil
02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
wonder what the decibel level is, probably more than a tailed tool?

remember the old I think it was Stihl saw that had the moving toothed blade instead of a chain.

harry strasil
02-11-2010, 10:42 PM
And what happened to wind up recoil starters on lawn mowers, they were nice?

Callan Campbell
02-11-2010, 11:15 PM
wonder what the decibel level is, probably more than a tailed tool?

remember the old I think it was Stihl saw that had the moving toothed blade instead of a chain.
There used to be a place in St. Louis called the Tool Shed, run a by a guy who collected and sold all sorts of stuff. He had a very early version of the "pre-chain" saw. Round Rim blade, hollow in the center, run by a small gas motor. Interesting design, but you could see how the chain saw that came out 1 or 2 years later according to this guy, pushed it off the market and out of favor.

James Taglienti
02-12-2010, 8:48 AM
The decibel level is high but bearable... think "kid size dirtbike running wide open" and then remove the muffler, and you got it.