PDA

View Full Version : Laser head sizes?

Chad Paulsen
02-11-2010, 1:01 PM
Are there different laser heads your suppose to use with different materials? We have two different lenses one is .5" and the other is 2.5" long. Would one work better with wood and the other with granite i know you guys said use the longer one with wood so i was wondering if the smaller one is meant for granite/marble engraving or does it not matter what lense you use for granite/marble?

Dan Hintz
02-11-2010, 5:52 PM
Chad,

You really need to sit down with the manuals (or the local rep) and get used to the machine... I think a number of your issues will resolve themselves when you understand the "language" of the machine. You do not have a 0.5" FL lens... what you have is (most likely) a 2.0" FL lens and an air cone that is roughly 1.5" in length. You cannot use this cone with any other FL lens. Longer FL lenses and air cones are used to keep as much of the soot away from the lens itself, at the expense of detail. A shorter FL lens will give you more detail at the expense of reduced focus range and more danger to the lens from flying debris (a problem if you are etching a stone that has a tendency to explode).