PDA

View Full Version : Gantry 3D?

George Beck
02-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi all

Anyone here using the gantry 3D system with their laser? (gantryco.com). If so, How is it? What software do you use and is it worth it?

George

Andrea Weissenseel
02-11-2010, 2:28 PM
those are finished 3D Designs, so no special software is required. You only need the software if you wan't to make 3D Designs yourself. If you search forum, you will find many posts - this has been discussed a couple times before

Andrea

Steve C Wallace
02-11-2010, 5:48 PM
Just look at the power they run to test the image and try to adopt you machines setting to somewhat match. I have to make 2 to 3 passes with my 35 watt to get a good finished product.

David Fairfield
02-11-2010, 9:09 PM
I have one of the sample pieces from Gantry, and the 3d quality is excellent. Its cut in a dense wood, that probably makes a difference in shaprness.

Dave

Larry Bratton
02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I have one of the sample pieces from Gantry, and the 3d quality is excellent. Its cut in a dense wood, that probably makes a difference in shaprness.

Dave
They say on their website that they test cut in hard maple with 100 watt machine.
Looks like their Partner Program might be a pretty good deal if one were truly into doing 3d.

Larry Bratton
02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Just look at the power they run to test the image and try to adopt you machines setting to somewhat match. I have to make 2 to 3 passes with my 35 watt to get a good finished product.
How much time does it take to run one of their typical files?

Frank Corker
02-12-2010, 8:56 AM
From their website you can actually have a test file emailed for you. I tried it and it worked great, despite them saying that with a 45w laser it wasn't going to be able to do much. They recommend high power lasers to get the best results, but it can be achieved by running several runs.

Steven Wallace
02-12-2010, 7:40 PM
1 pass on my machine for a 3.5" x 3.5" image was about 6 mins. if I remember right.