PDA

View Full Version : one last super bowl update, regarding SMC

Neal Clayton
02-11-2010, 1:39 AM
not many know it other than a few mods and folks from the area i think, but with his permission...

Neal,
Nah you can start a thread if you would like. It might even help me down the road here when I really start needing some help (I do all my woodworking in the offseason). Down the road here then I can post a picture of the ring.one of the New Orleans Saints players is a member here. his name is Zach Strief (http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Team/Roster/People/Zach%20Strief.aspx). he's an O lineman, and does his woodworking in the offseason.

i don't think that gets us all super bowl rings, unfortunately, but we'll be looking for that pic when you get yours ;).

congrats again on the super bowl, we've been waiting 44 years for this.

WHO DAT

Bonnie Campbell
02-11-2010, 1:42 AM
Congrats to you and the team Zach!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-11-2010, 1:47 AM
Again Zach....Congratulations...

Check out his foundations website http://www.dreambignola.com/

Glenn Clabo
02-11-2010, 3:22 AM
Zach...It's been fun watching you...well except for that one particular play.;-) Now...get into the shop and get crackin on that trophy case!

Harlan Coverdale
02-11-2010, 5:33 AM
Dat's who. :D Congrats Zach. You guys were great to follow all season. :)

Steve Schlumpf
02-11-2010, 8:57 AM
Zach - my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the game and were cheering for you guys the entire time! Congrats on your big win - well deserved!

Looking forward to seeing the photos - you know the saying - no photos, didn't happen! Well, I suppose in this case it did but sure looking forward to seeing the ring!

Belinda Barfield
02-11-2010, 8:58 AM
Thanks for letting us know Neal.

Congrats Zach, and the Saints!

Scott T Smith
02-11-2010, 9:09 AM
Thanks for letting us know Neal.

Congrats Zach, and the Saints!

+1. Zach, y'all played a great game. Congrats on your win and best of success to you with your woodworking.

Greg Stanford
02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
congrats man!! you guys provided a major boost to this area & we thank you! Who Dat!!!

John Shuk
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Good stuff Zach.

Paul Ryan
02-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Congratulations from me a second time Zach. I was going to give you greif about the false start,:D but it isn't my place. Even though you guys knocked out my favorite team, I was cheering for the Who Dats!. No more bags ever again. I will be looking for the picture of the ring come sept.

Zach Strief
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Thank you all for the support and kind words. It was a pretty amazing experience. I guess Steve you're right, no one/situation is above the no pictures rule. So here ya go.. Waiting for the opening kickoff, after-party, and my Dad and I on the field after the game.

Steve Schlumpf
02-11-2010, 1:16 PM
Thanks Zach - great photos! Really like the one of you and your Dad!

Belinda Barfield
02-11-2010, 4:02 PM
Thanks Zach - great photos! Really like the one of you and your Dad!

+1! How great that you got to share the experience with your dad. He looks really proud.

JohnT Fitzgerald
02-11-2010, 6:40 PM
Zach - great photos, and a big 'congrats' to you and your team!

Ron Jones near Indy
02-11-2010, 7:13 PM
Congrats Zach! The Saints certainly earned this one! And that's coming from a Colts fan since the days of Johnny U., Raymond and Big Daddy. Keep that right finger safe--Super Bowl rings are unbelievably awesome. I had an opportunity to try on one of the ring designers promo rings for the Colts. A most cool opportunity. Congratulations again, and safe woodworking! Heck, if you work wood and hangout here you've got to be a great guy.

Jim Becker
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Congratulations to you and your teammates on the big win, Zach...and we're all looking forward to your woodworking projects. This is a great community, and I do mean community. The very best!

Zach Strief
02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Congratulations to you and your teammates on the big win, Zach...and we're all looking forward to your woodworking projects. This is a great community, and I do mean community. The very best!
I couldn't agree more Jim. I have been on here about everyday for the past 2 years. I don't post often, but I have learned an ton. I really enjoy what everyone has to share on here and am often asking myself when looking in the projects section "how did they do that?" I will post some of my stuff as the newer things come out this offseason. This site has been a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure will continue to be.

Ernie Nyvall
02-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Wow, this is cool. A huge congratulations to you and the team Zach. What a game! What a season!! Way to go!!!

Joe Mioux
02-12-2010, 3:27 AM
Congratulations on the win. It was a great game to watch.

Joe