PDA

View Full Version : Any video producer types out there?

Mark Bolton
02-10-2010, 7:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions with regards to producing video content on a PC?

For a while I have been providing clients/customers video screen captures going over designs, plans, renderings, and so on. It has been a good way for me to work through projects without having to sit down with each client for hours at a time.

What I have been doing to this point is simply using Windows Media Encoder to do a video screen capture session with audio. This way I can pan around in whatever software I am working on showing and explaining my thoughts, their wants, etc..

I am thinking of expanding this a bit and while I am at it I would like to be able to put some logos and perhaps copyright information. I would hope to host these on a website (to be constructed) where I can provide the client with a username and password for a set number of viewings until the project is under contract, then of course they would have unlimited access. For reasons you can understand we dont want anyone to have access to this information until the jobs are under contract.

I am wondering if, to start, there are any reasonably affordable, and easy to use software, to allow for this sort of stuff? I guess I am kind of thinking something like what you see on YouTube and The Sketchup Show, or Woodtreks.

I am not sure how one goes about generating graphics and moving graphics for video, sound as well.

Is this doable on a DIY level?

Thanks for any input,
Mark

Myk Rian
02-10-2010, 7:29 PM
Maybe AVS4YOU will do what you want. I've used it to make movies from my Canon HD camcorder. Nice software. Google avs4you

James White
02-24-2010, 2:05 PM
You may also want to contact Mark at www.thewoodwhisperer.com (http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com) . He is very friendly and approachable.

James

Bob Vavricka
02-24-2010, 4:13 PM
Mark,
You might want to look at Camtasia Studio at techsmith.com. It is a screen capture program that can be narrated, edited to include pictures, etc. and then produced in multiple formats. I use it to produce training material and generally will produce the final product in flash format. I believe they have a free version that is limited, but may give you a chance to try it out.
Bob V.