PDA

View Full Version : Acryliprint taken to a new level? Digi-Color

Martin Boekers
02-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I came across this in my random research.

www.dynamicawards.biz/applications/dynamicawards/store/index.asp?product_category_id=1000060

http://pacedigicolor.com/flipper/view.html

I couldn't find out much about the process, but seemed intriguing.

What caught my attention was Acrylic Infusion, it's hard to tell from photo's but it looks pretty slik!

This is an ASI vender and they said you had to be and ASI member to purchase from them.

If I read it correctly min quantities were low and pricing seemed to make it feasable to resell.

I REALLY want to go to ARA!

Marty

Rodne Gold
02-10-2010, 1:53 AM
I was offered a machine by Degussa some years ago that allowed you to fuse 2 pieces of perpex to each other whilst embedding items in between em , looks like the same process. Heat softened each face and then cooled the fused piece - was pretty expensive at the time (the machine)

Ron Chapellaz
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I went to the ARA show last year and if I remember correctly it was a bit pricey, and looked like it may be difficult to master. Getting rid of bubbles under the image seemed to be an issue.
I agree it looks like a nice product, but the pricetag for the initial setup is what held me back.

Martin Boekers
02-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm still wondering if this is something that can be done cheaply with UV cure liquid adhesive. (Similar to the Crystal Imprints)

I have budget for a small UV light set-up for later this year, so it will be a bit before I can set-up some testing.

Marty

Martin Boekers
02-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Oh, one more thing, I got the new Marco catalog a couple days ago and they sell this product.

Low minimum quantities no set-up fees.

Marty