PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Basic for Applications and Oberon

Joe Peacock
02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I bought the Oberon Jigsaw Puzzle app for CorelDraw 13 and I can't get it to work. When I try to install it Corel tells me that I don't have "Virtual Basic for Applications" installed in Corel Draw. What the heck is that and where do I get it and how do I install it? I did a search of my computer and I can't find "Virtual Basic for Applications" anywhere. I tried contacting Oberon but I have gotten no response. I sure would appreciate any help I could get.
Thanks,
Joe

Lee DeRaud
02-09-2010, 11:03 AM
That's not an Oberon problem, it's a Corel problem.

I thought VBA installed by default. My guess is, either you:
1. did a custom install and didn't click the box for it, or
2. you're using some kind of student or trial version of Corel that doesn't include it.

Mike Null
02-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Joe

Have a look at this in the Corel help file. I'm also curious where you installed the file..

Joe Peacock
02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I just had a very informative call from Mike Null and I think my problem may be that I am using a student version and VBA is not on there. I did not see on the Student Version installation disc where I had the option to install it. Is there somewhere I can "download" VBA and somehow install it on my version of Corel X3?
Joe

Ron Cole
02-09-2010, 1:22 PM
If you can download it, it would be from Microsoft, its their product. Since it's a student version, you might not be licensed to have it, which would explain why it wasn't installed to begin with.

Ron

Lee DeRaud
02-09-2010, 2:15 PM
If you can download it, it would be from Microsoft, its their product.The VBA compiler/interpreter/environment/whatever is a Microsoft product, but the classes/objects/libraries that allow it to interact with Corel are not.
I suspect the only solution to Joe's problem is to get a full version of Corel.

Joe Peacock
02-09-2010, 7:55 PM
The VBA compiler/interpreter/environment/whatever is a Microsoft product, but the classes/objects/libraries that allow it to interact with Corel are not.
I suspect the only solution to Joe's problem is to get a full version of Corel.
Lee,
You are probably right. I need to get a full blown version of Corel 13. I may wait until 15 comes out to upgrade unless someone knows where I can buy X3 (or maybe 14) at a killer price!
Joe

Dan Hintz
02-09-2010, 9:46 PM
VBA is specifically not included in the student editions of Corel as they're not designed to be used in a work environment (no batch processing or macros). You will not find an option to install it with the student edition.

Joe Peacock
02-10-2010, 1:16 PM
VBA is specifically not included in the student editions of Corel as they're not designed to be used in a work environment (no batch processing or macros). You will not find an option to install it with the student edition.
Dan,
Thanks for that information, it will save me a lot of time not looking for it!
Now I need to find X3 or X4 cheap.
Joe