PDA

View Full Version : Spray-on liquid glass

Garrick David
02-08-2010, 8:44 PM
I saw this new material. I am sure the engravers will think of some unique ways to use it. I am not sure how to post the entire article without using the web address, but if anyone is interested I can send you the link. It appears this spray on glass will be about $8 a can once it is being mass produced.

(PhysOrg.com) -- Spray-on liquid glass is transparent, non-toxic, and can protect virtually any surface against almost any damage from hazards such as water, UV radiation, dirt, heat, and bacterial infections. The coating is also flexible and breathable, which makes it suitable for use on an enormous array of products.

Steve Clarkson
02-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Nice find.....they claim it will revolutionize almost everything......makes cleaning products obsolete.....repels bacteria....very interesting......

AL Ursich
02-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Interesting.... Here is another hint for the other end of the link to save you time.... news184310039.html

I did enjoy the story about the Anti Whale group. Look forward to seeing the programs in August. Lived in Japan for 2 years.

AL

Martin Boekers
02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I hate to say it but it almost sounded like an infomercial:D

"You can spill a bottle of wine on a silk shirt and it runs right off"

But is it engravable?

Actually I could use this product on a project right now.

Keep us posted when it hits the market.

Marty