PDA

View Full Version : SawMill Creek File Attachment Archives 4Sale

Keith Outten
02-06-2010, 1:06 PM
Five and a Half Gigabytes

We are offering to everyone a set of two DVD's that contain the first six and a half years of file attachments here at SawMill Creek. The DVD's contain file folders based on our Forums names and sub-folders for each year. The folders contain pictures, cdr files, zip files, drawings, pdf files, etc. The file name for each picture includes the name of the person who owns the picture or attachment. These files are for personal use only, you must receive permission from the owner to use them otherwise.

I have spent months going through our archives and reduced them to just over 87,000 files from over 95,000. Basically I deleted most of the tiny little avatars, copy protected comics and family pictures that I felt were to personal to include. I also removed all of the manufacturers forums and the SawMill Creek Store. I have not been able to review every forum archive.

I ran out of time and wore out a keyboard trying to look at every picture.

It's all here!
Jigs and Fixtures
Shop-Tours
Techniques
Engraving Files
and so much more
1,169 cdr files
732 zip files
275 pdf files

Before you decide to order the DVD's you need to know that you can get our archives for free if you plan to visit us at the IWF in Atlanta this August. You must bring a thumb drive with you that will hold at least five and a half gigabytes. You may have to stand in line, we will only provide one computer that will be used to copy our archives.

The two DVD set is available for $29.95 (US) which includes shipping anywhere in the continental United States. If you live in Virginia we must also collect $1.50 for sales tax, your total will be $31.45 delivered. We will ship the DVD's in the order they are received...first come first served.
No Refunds

You can order via PayPal or send a check.
Our PayPal address is:
sales-at-northwindassociates.com
Our postal address is:
SawMill Creek Woodworkers Forums
8770 Little England Rd.
Hayes, VA 23072
Please make your check payable to Northwind Associates and include your shipping address.

Note: We do not have a merchants account so we cannot take credit card orders directly.
You can use your credit cards through PayPal to order the DVD's if you prefer.

Thanks,
Keith

Tania Duper
02-15-2010, 5:35 AM
If I pay the $30, can I put the ISO or zip files up on a free web server for people to download? I'm not sure about your intentions since you also offered them for free if people attend a show and bring their own thumb drive.

Keith Outten
02-15-2010, 8:30 AM
Tania,

Sorry, there are only two methods of obtaining our archives. You can order a DVD set for your personal use or visit us at IWF. We haven't authorized anyone to provide a download copy.

Uma Duffy
02-19-2010, 1:59 PM
Are you planning to list this in the amazon store? I didn't see it.... Where do we place the order before proceeding to paypal?

You can tell I don't use my paypal account too often...or I'd probably already know the answer...

Thanks!

Jackie Outten
02-19-2010, 6:41 PM
Uma,

All you need to do is go to paypa (http://www.paypal.com)l and send the funds to sales@northwindassociates.com. There is a place where you can leave us a note if you want but when we see funds for $29.95 we know what it is for.

Jackie

Joe Peacock
02-19-2010, 9:12 PM
I got mine Monday and it is the best money I have spent on my Laser yet. All of the files are separated by year and the part of the forum they are on. I just opened the files and told it to search for files ending in .cdr and then it gives you a thumbnail to look at. If you have CorelDraw open you can look at them full scale, decide if the file is something you might use in the future and then put it in the proper folder you have set up for that category.
If you are considering getting the discs, don't hesitate. I can promise you that you will find files that will be more than what you pay for the two DVD's.
Joe Peacock

Niklas Bjornestal
02-20-2010, 5:04 AM
The two DVD set is available for $29.95 (US) which includes shipping anywhere in the continental United States.
How much does it cost to get it shipped outside US (to Sweden)?
Or is it possible to buy it and get a download link?

Dave Yanke
02-20-2010, 4:32 PM
Any plans on a yearly "update" <to the> disk?

Jackie Outten
02-20-2010, 4:48 PM
Niklas

Let me check with Keith and I will get back to you.

Jackie

donald bugansky
02-21-2010, 12:55 AM
For $30, it's a no-brainer.

Everyone should order one.

Keith Outten
02-21-2010, 4:45 AM
Any plans on a yearly "update" <to the> disk?

Dave,

Yes, we will be offering an annual update to the DVD set. The current 2 disk set includes all files through the first half of 2009. I expect the next set will include the remaining months from 2009 and all of 2010. After that we will provide the DVD's in January of each year.

Dave Yanke
02-22-2010, 7:31 PM
Dave,

Yes, we will be offering an annual update to the DVD set. The current 2 disk set includes all files through the first half of 2009. I expect the next set will include the remaining months from 2009 and all of 2010. After that we will provide the DVD's in January of each year.

Excellent. Thanks.

Curt Heggemeyer
02-22-2010, 10:34 PM
I just send you over some money for my set.

Thanks and look forward in getting them.

Curt

David Sacks
02-23-2010, 1:08 AM
They came a couple of days ago - great - some very cool gems!
Thanks!

Roy Nicholson
02-28-2010, 2:56 AM
Can you let me know the shipping rates and I will include it

Regards

Roy N.

Jim Good
02-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Keith,

Wow, there is a lot of info on those disks! I appreciate your hard work (and anyone helping you out) and it's like going back in time. I remember a lot of those files from years past.

Thanks again,

Jim

Keith Outten
03-01-2010, 8:41 AM
Thanks Jim,

I know that everyone who orders the DVD's will be happy. The number of pictures is almost impossible to view and the other files are icing on the cake.

Sales are picking up so we would like to thank everyone once again for supporting The Creek.

Jackie Outten
03-01-2010, 9:50 AM
Roy,

Add an extra $10 to the price and we'll get it shipped over to you.

Jackie

Carrol Fleming
03-02-2010, 3:49 AM
Hi Jackie
Please could you let me know postage to the UK, I will give you an address in the UK they then send it via COD courier to Zambia - faster than normal post.

Thank you

Carrol

Viktor Voroncov
03-12-2010, 5:49 AM
Could you advice me about shipping cost to Lithuania?

Jackie Outten
03-12-2010, 9:45 AM
Carol and Viktor,

Add an additional $10 for the postage and we can send them out to you.

Jackie

Viktor Voroncov
03-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Thank's, Jackie!

Joe Corris
03-19-2010, 6:49 AM
Jackie or Keith:

Just wondering if you are out of stock of the discs already.

I sent my payment thru Paypal on Mar 5th, and haven't seen anything in my mailbox yet. Could the order have been missed?

Just checking up.

Thanks,
Joe Corris

Keith Outten
03-19-2010, 7:34 AM
Joe,

I will check with Jackie this morning and get back to you ASAP. We have plenty of disk sets ready to ship so that isn't a problem.

Thanks,
Keith

Jackie Outten
03-19-2010, 2:47 PM
Joe,

It looks like I missed your transaction. I will get the DVD's in the mail to you this afternoon.

I apologize for the error.

Jackie Outten

Joe Corris
03-19-2010, 5:05 PM
Jackie:

Thanks for looking into it so fast.... No problem about the oversight.

Have a great weekend!

Ian Wilson (AUST)
03-29-2010, 8:06 AM
Hey mate did you get an answer on shipping to Aust???

Thanks

Ian

Jackie Outten
03-29-2010, 9:15 AM
Ian

An additional $10 will cover the shipping.

Jackie

Ian Wilson (AUST)
03-30-2010, 8:06 AM
How much to ship to Australia

Dan Hintz
03-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Ian, look up one post...

Nick Koprivica
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi .. I sent $29.99 via paypal your way last Thursday .. did you send the DVDs out yet?

Jackie Outten
03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Nick

Your DVD's were shipped on Monday.

Jackie Outten

Bryan Cowan
04-02-2010, 4:57 PM
Would purchasing this DVD set grant each buyer Contributor status for one year?

Hannu Rinne
04-02-2010, 6:36 PM
Jackie & Keith,

What would be the post costs to Finland ?

Regards
- Hannu

Ian Wilson (AUST)
04-08-2010, 4:12 AM
How much to send to OZ..............????

Thanks Ian

Jackie Outten (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=6) http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Asst. Admin.

Ian

An additional $10 will cover the shipping.

Jackie

Jackie Outten
04-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Hannu

An extra $10 will cover postage to most any country outside the U.S.

Jackie Outten

Ian Wilson (AUST)
04-09-2010, 7:56 AM
My apologies team..................I didn't realise there were three pages to this thread.....and the price sounds fine...how hard and how much to add a can of Sprayaway Glass cleaner....as I read its great for stopping discolouring on Rowmark ( especially red). I have looked everywhere in OZ with no luck.

Cheers Ian

Joe Walmer
04-16-2010, 10:12 PM
I just ordered one and this is my first post I just signed up today. I have an Epilog Mini 18 and a Mercury Laser pro. Soounds like there might be some unique designs etc. I cant wait.

Keith Outten
04-17-2010, 9:35 AM
Joe,

Welcome to the Creek!
Thanks for ordering the DVD Archives, you won't be disappointed I promise.

Joe Walmer
04-25-2010, 3:12 AM
I got the DVD's thanks, They were mostly pictures like 93% pictures or so and then some gifs and a few cdrs. I guess I was thinking it would be a lot of "hey do you have the firefighter symbol or I need the free mason/shriner logos anyone have them" type of files. I guess I am always looking for new vector files like little creatures and flowers and stuff like that.

It did give me lots of ideas and show me what a lot of things would look like as I really only use acrylic its nice to see what these engravers can do.

Keith Outten
04-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Joe,

Take a look at the pdf and zip files, you should find a lot more vector art.

Tim Baude
04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Just sent my money....can't wait to get them. What a great idea. Thank you for all the hard work and hours put into this.
Tim

Hannu Rinne
05-04-2010, 6:28 PM
Jackie & Keith,

Dvd's just arrived today, thank you ! Absolutely worth of every dollar :)
( 4 hours of watching so far - should be at sleep, but can't go... )

Best regards
- Hannu

Keith Outten
05-05-2010, 7:01 AM
Hannu,

Good luck with your quest, I spent weeks looking at our archived pictures and never finished. There are so many talented people here it is mind-boggling.

Bob Hoff
07-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Is this offer still available?

Keith Outten
07-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Bob,

Yes, we will continue to offer our Archive DVD sets thoughout the year and annual updates as well.

To those who have recently ordered DVD's and have not received them please be patient. I purchased dual layer DVD's and made a stack of them before I realized that some people may not be able to view them if they have an older drive. I am in the process of making new disks to send to everyone.

James & Zelma Litzmann
07-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Hey Keith,

Just sent you guys money for the DVD, can't wait, thanks for all that you do.

Warren Eames
07-15-2010, 2:11 AM
Jackie,
On the 28th June this year (2010) I sent the funds for the 2 DVD set through Pay Pal. The reference on my bank account is 4ZQ224BA5E62E. Could you look into this for me as I still have not received them yet.
Thank you
Warren Eames
Australia

Keith Outten
07-15-2010, 7:06 AM
We are running behind sending out the DVD Archives discs. I made an error and made the last batch of discs wiith dual layer blanks and then found out that only the newer DVD drives can read them. I am in the process of creating new DVD sets now and we are supposed to receive a new Disc Duplicator today which will speed up the process significantly. Aaron has created a new set of ISO master discs for the new duplicator so we should have all of the DVD sets that have been ordered in the mail by Satuday morning.

Sorry for the delay!

Keith

Paul Perkinson
07-20-2010, 3:30 PM
Hey Keith,
I'm just about to order. If you want to get rid of a dual layer, I can handle that without problem. Up to you. Just hate to see those go to waste if not necessary. I don't get on the forum much anymore for lack of time, but want to take this opportunity to say "THANK YOU SO MUCH" for all you do and for your generous spirit. I've heard most any sports team has a tendency to reflect the character of their coach. Maybe that explains why the Creek is such a fantastic place that always feels like home.
Paul

Keith Outten
07-20-2010, 7:41 PM
Paul,

Thanks for the kind words and we can ship you a single dual layer disc no problem.

The new disc duplicator we purchased is working flawlessly and the time required for us to reproduce our archive discs has been reduced to a fraction of the time we were spending.

I found some time late last night to look at some of the pictures from the Turners Forum that I hadn't seen before. There is an abundance of talented people here in every forum, their work is just amazing.

We are planning for the next release/update to our Archives which will be this January and will contain about 18 months. After that we will provide updates annually and i am searching for bonus files to include that we hope people will appreciate.

The next time we order new discs we will try to find the Lighscribe discs so we can start engraving the lables.

Dan Hintz
07-20-2010, 7:49 PM
Keith,

Out of curiosity, is there any sort of link from the pictures/files to the threads they originally belonged to? I'm guessing probably not, but if so, that's a huge benefit... nothing like finding a cool pic you never noticed before and knowing who to thank for it.

Larry Robinson
07-20-2010, 8:33 PM
Keith,

I ordered the disks June 24th and am still waiting. Have they been shipped?

Larry

Keith Outten
07-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Larry,

All of the disc orders shipped yesterday and today we have a dozen sets in inventory.
Sorry for the delay, I should have purchased a duplicator a long time ago not to mention my error making the wrong discs :(

Keith Outten
07-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Dan,

We don't have a means of linking the pictures to the threads here but you can search on the posters name and topic so it is possible to find the original thread if you are patient. The file names of each picture and attachment includes the name of the person who uploaded/owns the file. The discs are organized by Forum and by year.

Paul Grothouse
08-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Keith,

What booth will you be in for IWF? I don't see a booth for SawmillCreek.org.

Respectfully,
Paul G.

Keith Outten
08-05-2010, 8:25 AM
Paul,

SawMill Creek will be in Booth # 6673 with CAMaster.

Officially we aren't an exhibitor but we have received permission from the Director of the Fair to share space with CAMaster because I will be a guest speaker. It would be difficult for Jackie and I to man a booth full time though the entire week however one of us should be in the CAMaster booth most of the time. When i called the event Director he knew who we are, seemed pleased to have us attend the Fair and refused my offer to pay for attending as an exhibitor.

We are traveling on Tuesday and should be there when they open the doors on Wednesday morning.

Paul Grothouse
08-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I'll look forward to seeing you there.

Gary Liberman
09-28-2010, 2:12 PM
Hello, Im from Costa Rica, and would like to get this DVDs, where can I send the money, or to which bank account (ABA routing) can I send it to get them? Can you send them by Fedex or DHL? I have an address in Miami.

Thank you

Bob Hoff
10-13-2010, 4:25 PM
How long are these taking to ship? Anxiously awaiting their delivery after ordering last week.

Jackie Outten
10-13-2010, 6:17 PM
Bob,

Orders are going out tomorrow.

Jackie

Mike vonBuelow
10-14-2010, 8:08 AM
Ok, my order is in!

Bob Hoff
10-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I received the order, but it only had 1 DVD in it. The original offer was for 2. I have left an email for North Wind Associates, but been unable to get an answer. Anybody suggestions? Not trying to be difficult, but only getting 1 instead of 2 and then they don't answer email makes it a bit difficult to resolve.

Dan Hintz
10-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I believe there was some discussion about two-layer DVDs versus multiple single-layer DVDs... some don't have dual-layer players. Does it look packed to the gills?

Bob Hoff
10-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I believe there was some discussion about two-layer DVDs versus multiple single-layer DVDs... some don't have dual-layer players. Does it look packed to the gills?

The properties showed it to be 100% full. I look at the DVD and see it says Dual Layer. Not sure how to read the other layer or if I am already reading it.

Curt Heggemeyer
10-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I ordered a set last yr and they came cracked and tried to send a email stating the problem but the email will not go through.

So could you please send me the CD's again and in maybe a little tougher box, the mail people around here are rough on things.

You should have my shipping info already but if you need it again let me know.

prismsigns@cox.net

Thanks,
Curt

Dan Hintz
10-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I ordered a set last yr and they came cracked and tried to send a email stating the problem but the email will not go through.

So could you please send me the CD's again and in maybe a little tougher box, the mail people around here are rough on things.
Last year?! :confused:

Jackie Outten
10-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Bob

The DVD is a dual layer so we were able to get all the files on one DVD.

Jackie

Jackie Outten
10-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Mike

You need to PM me your address. It was not with your paypal order.

Jackie Outten

Jackie Outten
10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Curt,

Please PM me your address and I will send you out a new DVD.

Jackie Outten

Bob Hoff
10-20-2010, 3:59 PM
Bob

The DVD is a dual layer so we were able to get all the files on one DVD.

Jackie

So what needs to happen to be able to get to the other layer?

Dan Hintz
10-20-2010, 6:05 PM
So what needs to happen to be able to get to the other layer?
Assuming you have a dual-layer capable DVD reader, the process is invisible to you.

Gary Liberman
10-20-2010, 7:15 PM
Jackie,

Did you receive the payment from Jose Peraza, from Costa Rica?

Thank you

Russell Ludwick
10-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Looks like this will be worth it for a new start up engraver.

I ordered my copy, let me know if you need anything else from me and I look forward to receiving them.

Russ

Keith Outten
10-21-2010, 9:13 AM
We will have the next version of our file attachment archives ready to ship in January. This one will be about 18 months of attachments and should get us on schedule to release a new DVD every January from now on.

Mike vonBuelow
10-21-2010, 9:33 AM
Sent, thank you!

Daniel Muller
10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
is this still available?
Dan

Jackie Outten
10-21-2010, 1:16 PM
Daniel,

They are still available.

Jackie

Jackie Outten
10-21-2010, 1:17 PM
Gary,

Yes he did order and I send out the DVD last week.

Jackie

Homero Schön
10-21-2010, 1:23 PM
Hey there, greetings!
I´m from Brazil and I think we would spend too much on the freight.
Is there a way I could download it ?

Thanks!

Keith Outten
10-21-2010, 1:54 PM
Dan,

Yes, we are still shipping the first 6.5 years of file attachments on DVD. This one is over 87,000 files that include pictures, zip files, etc.

In January we will start shiping the second DVD which with include the last 18 months up to Decamber 2010.

Our Archives DVD's will always be available here in our SawMill Creek Store.

Michael Kowalczyk
10-21-2010, 8:14 PM
Hey Keith,
Just thinking out loud but are you saying that the 1st 6.5 years will be like a volume 1 and then the following 18 months up to December 2010 will be a volume 2 or will the two be combined as one offering in January 2011?

Thanks for all you hard work and ...

Keith Outten
10-21-2010, 8:29 PM
Hey Keith,
Just thinking out loud but are you saying that the 1st 6.5 years will be like a volume 1 and then the following 18 months up to December 2010 will be a volume 2

Michael,

Yep, each DVD will be a stand alone volume. The reason is that that we can't keep adding files to the original disc as it is already about 5.5 Gigabytes.

I don't know what the size the file storage will be on volume two yet but it should be huge since the number of people posting here continues to grow. I will also be asking permission from some Members to include their videos and offer to include files that are to large for The Creek to host this year.