PDA

View Full Version : easy question re: LN 62

Tom Sontag
10-25-2004, 12:14 PM
The mouth adjustment mechanism on my LN 62 sticks. I took it apart and cleaned everything off and it is still mostly stuck. The brass handle thingy just does not want to push either way (hey, why aren't the flats vertical so I can push against something?). It worked fine for some time, so it cannot be a production flaw. I am thinking it is ME.

Any thoughts?

Tom LaRussa
10-25-2004, 12:57 PM
The mouth adjustment mechanism on my LN 62 sticks. I took it apart and cleaned everything off and it is still mostly stuck. The brass handle thingy just does not want to push either way (hey, why aren't the flats vertical so I can push against something?). It worked fine for some time, so it cannot be a production flaw. I am thinking it is ME.

Any thoughts?
You've done about all you can do without risking messing the thing up, so I'd Call LN. I'm sure they can straighten things out in no time.

Roy Wall
10-25-2004, 2:05 PM
You've done about all you can do without risking messing the thing up, so I'd Call LN. I'm sure they can straighten things out in no time.
Agreed!!!!

LN carries full lifetime warranty against any defects in its tools........(we've paid for that, BTW:rolleyes: )

Worst case is to send it in, and they'll make it right!!

Dan Clermont in Burnaby
10-27-2004, 3:43 AM
I agree, call LN in the morning they will do everything possible to straighten your problems out.

Dan Clermont

Pam Niedermayer
10-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Is there any chance that tiny shavings invaded, sat there a long while, and rusted?

Pam

Tom Sontag
12-01-2004, 2:41 PM
I figured this out myself some time ago but just now remembered to complete the unfinished thread.

Underneath the front knob on the 62 is a brass washer/nut. Somehow mine had gotten tightened down such that the adjustment lever was effected. Simply taking everything apart and reassembing each piece tightly fixed the problem. Another DOH for me. :o