PDA

View Full Version : Using a laser that reads only PLT - HELP!!!

Antonio Albanese
02-08-2010, 4:04 AM
Hi guys,

i'm an italian use of an italian (orrible) NdYAG laser. Orrible because it can read only plt files. I can't use it as a printer. Now, i have some problems.

1) choosing a filling routine different than that built in the plt export driver of corel draw. What can i use? A different function that I don't know of COrel? a corel Script ? A different printer driver? Engravelab or similar..?

2) I have a working plan of 90x40 cm, but a marking area of 18x18 cm. Then, for larger images, I have to engrave multiple files.
Is there a function that can help me in this task? For example letting me choose the areas to cut and save, all together? Can I do it with COrel? Or I have to use another programme?

Thanks!

Rodne Gold
02-08-2010, 4:17 AM
Check to see if engravelab has a driver for your laser , if it does , you might gain a lot more functionality out of it.
Autocad should also work with plt files , but it sounds as tho the driver for your machine is the issue rather than the design package.
As to the 18 x 18 problem , I dont see how you can overcome this with a laser with a galvo head ...unless you can allow the head to scan left to right over your bigger image. Unless we know your drivers settings and options and the method your laser driver works , It's difficult to find a workaround for you.

Antonio Albanese
02-08-2010, 4:27 AM
There's no driver in Engravelab for my machine. Or better, there's NO driver for my laser :) It is a sort of self made system...Are there any other software that I should consider? I think you're right..EngraveLab and Autocad are the only ways for me... You think that Corel can't be useful for me in those tasks? Even with some scripts?

Mike Null
02-08-2010, 9:03 AM
If you want to experiment try saving your Corel file as a plt then publish it to PDF then import it back into Corel and try to run it.

This method doesn't always work but once in awhile you can get the result you want.

Joe Pelonio
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Most vinyl plotter programs use plt files. There is also an add-on available for corel to run plotters called CoCut that might work for you. Look for it or entry level plotter software at a major sign supply such as Sign Warehouse
or even shareware such as SignGo.