PDA

View Full Version : I joined theh club

Jim Rimmer
02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I was making a small box in my shop today and forgot that the last time I used my Incra miter gage I was cutting a miter. This time I was using it at 90 degrees. Yep, it is now about 1/2 to 3/4" shorter than it used to be. :(

David Christopher
02-07-2010, 11:21 PM
LOL. I thought I was going to see a box......sorry about your miter gage, but I had to chuckle when I read this post

John Thompson
02-07-2010, 11:30 PM
You simply were running a personal test to find out just how well a TS blade will cut aluminum.. I bet you discoverd it cuts if with no effort at all as many of us have found out over the years. ;)

Paul Ryan
02-07-2010, 11:42 PM
That made me chuckle too.

I once cut a nice slot in the top of an aluminum crapsman table saw with a circular saw. You gotta check underneath to make sure the plywood is far enough off the table before you start cutting. I didn't realize it until metal shavings began comming out of the saws discharge.

Seth Dolcourt
02-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I've done that. Mine was a saw blade kiss in comparison. Some short, but intense, use of bad language resolved all issues, and I pretended to not see the kerf cut for evermore.

Jim Rimmer
02-08-2010, 12:12 AM
I shoulda known something was up when the bladeguard raised up more than it should have for the thickness I was cutting. I didn't notice until after the second cut and I coudn't figure out what the short offcut was. Maybe I shouldn't be using the new earmuff sound protectors I bought.

And I did use a little "French" and then checked things out to make sure everything else was OK. Fortunately,no serious damage, no injury, and I can laugh about it. Just a short miter fence.

Dan Forman
02-08-2010, 1:29 AM
I nipped off the very corner of my Jessem silder a while ago, guess I get to join too.

Dan

jim sauterer
02-08-2010, 8:24 AM
what night does the club meet.nicked mine a while back.