PDA

View Full Version : Outfeed Table for Powermatic 64A?

John Urban
02-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Anyone out there have good plans or ideas for outfeed tables on a Powermatic 64A table saw?

I've been meaning to build one for quite some time, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm not crunched for space and could use something that doubles for an assembly table.

I'm really interested in how best to attach to the rear table saw rail. Or maybe I shouldn't and just have a standalone table that is the same height as the saw?

Any and all opinions welcomed... I'm going to be ripping some 4x8 sheets of melamine and mdf for an upcoming project. Figure the outfeed tables are a must have for safety, especially with those 100 lbs sheets...

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jon Todd
02-08-2010, 12:59 AM
What does the back Rail look like on yours?

Mike Archambeau
02-08-2010, 9:45 AM
John;

Have you seen the outfeed table Norm built? Here is the link: http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0708

Michael Koch
02-08-2010, 9:56 AM
Fine Woodworking issue 202. The Ultimate outfeed table. Check this one out...MK

Paul Johnstone
02-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Anyone out there have good plans or ideas for outfeed tables on a Powermatic 64A table saw?

I made a seperate table which does not physically fasten to the table saw. It's about 6 inches behind the TS, and a hair lower in height.
I made my outfeed table slightly larger than 8' x 4'. I use the space underneath to store sheet goods. I also put in T-track so that I can use Kreg Klamps. I put formica on the top.

It's a big space hog, but it's nice to have a large working surface.

Heather Thompson
02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Like Paul J. I made a table that does not physically fasten to the table saw and mine is dirt cheap, it is a 4'x8'x2" sheet of styrefoam with a 4'x8'x1/8" sheet of hardboard glued to it. I put sawhorses under it and use it as and outfeed table or if I am cutting down sheetstock flip it over and put the foam up and ust my circular saw to break it down to sheets that are easy for me to handle. The next generation of this may be a torsion box that uses thin foam and hardboard on the other side so I can use it as a big assembly table on top of the tablesaw, the shop is always in a state of change.

Heather :)

Von Bickley
02-08-2010, 1:44 PM
My outfeed table is a stand-alone table that is slightly lower than the TS. Framed with PT 4X4's for the legs, 2X6's for the top frame, a lower shelf area for clamps and storage, and 2 layers of 3/4" plywood for the top. I don't have to worry about this table moving when I push plywood thru the TS.

The outfeed table is very heavy and serves as an assembly table with 4 receptacles mounted on the sides.

Many coats of poly on the top service. When it gets messed up, lightly sand and put on another coat. Works good for me.....