PDA

View Full Version : How Stupid!

Scott Corbett
10-25-2004, 8:20 AM
Ever make a bandsaw box and forget to rip off the front and back of a drawer before cutting out the drawer cavities? Ruined my day. But I have done worse. :(

Tyler Howell
10-25-2004, 8:49 AM
No Scott, can't say I have:confused: . Actually I'm not sure of all you just described. Pix please for clearity

Betsy Yocum
10-25-2004, 2:01 PM
No Scott, can't say I have:confused: . Actually I'm not sure of all you just described. Pix please for clearity
Tyler - on a bandsaw box - you cut the back off a large block - then cut out your inside cavity. You then cut off the front and back of the cavity from the body then cut out the drawer sections - then glue the front and back on - thus making the drawer.

It's all a very slick way to make a nice box.

Betsy

Ray Johnson
10-25-2004, 2:12 PM
I would NEVER do anything like that. I do have some nice cherry that needs to be "touched up" because it looks like someone MAY have done that. Rats.
RayJ

Dave Bartley
10-25-2004, 2:16 PM
When I do something like that, I call it a "dumb" mistake and stupid if I don't learn from it. We have all been there.

Michael Stafford
10-25-2004, 3:42 PM
You folks and your dumb mistakes. Only you need to know about them. My Dad used to say "Boy, don't tell everything you know. There is information some people don't need. It will spoil it for them". Believe me, women never tell men all there is to know...

Steve Clardy
10-25-2004, 5:38 PM
It's usually a major one. I don't Beat arond the bush doing it.:rolleyes:

Very first set of kitchen cabinets I did for money, required a corner cab with lazy susan. It had the 45 degree front. I had enough trouble getting that figured out, let alone building it.
Got all the cabs done, delivered and ready to install. First cab that needed to be set was the lower corner cabinet. Box was 36x36 by 34 1/2 tall. Customer had a 36" door, so I turned it sideways, and no go.
Measured the door, and the opening was 33". An older door.
So--the customer suggested pulling the aluminum front window out. We measured it up, was going to be close. Got the window out, no go.
Ended up tearing off the toe kick and legs, dragging it inside, and reassembling.
Well. Now I learned a lesson there that I won't forget on the next one.
Third or fourth cabinet job, I did the exact same thing on the corner cabinet.:eek::eek::eek:

So. Lesson finally learned. All my corner cabinets have removable toe kicks and legs. ALL OF THEM.:rolleyes:

Steve:)

Tyler Howell
10-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks Betsy, I needed that!