View Full Version : LN Tool Event In Portland, Oregon

Jim Koepke
02-07-2010, 2:44 AM
At the Northwest Woodworking Studio

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH, NOON-6PM
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH, 10AM-5PM
1002 SE 8th Avenue - Portland, OR

FREE ADMISSION
Parking lot available on SE Yamhill between 8th and 9th Avenues.
Street parking also available – check signage for eligibility.

I will likely be there on Friday. One other Creeker has informed me they will likely be able to make it there also.

Andy Pedler
02-07-2010, 3:56 AM
I attended the show in Oakland today. I went two years ago but missed last year. They are really fun events. Not huge by any means, but what a great opportunity to try out anything LN makes.

I got to play with their chisels (what a wonderful feel those chisels have), a number of planes including the low-angle block plane, and a couple of dovetail saws. I left with a new dovetail saw and very nearly brought the block plane home as well, but self-preservation instincts took hold in time (I didn't want to have to explain the spending spree to the General Accounting Office manager...SWMBO).

Anyway, the LN people were great and so were the other vendors in-house (Bridge City, Glen-Drake, Ron Hock, and Czech Edge). I highly recommend getting out to their future shows if you have the time and are in the area.

Andy - Newark, CA

Randy Bonella
02-07-2010, 4:08 AM
I'm the other Creeker that Jim mentioned, I'll be there on Friday as well. Looking forward to it. Should be great opportunity to learn about the tools I purchased late last year.

Thanks for posting the information Jim.

Randy...

Jim Koepke
02-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for posting the information Jim.

I am not sure what happened, but it must have been the late hour. I thought I posted this in the Neanderthal Haven Forum.

Maybe try again next week...

jim

J D Thomas
02-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Excellent news!! I will try to get there one of those days. Is it possible to purchase at these shows? I'm in the market for one of their small chisel planes, among others.

Jim Koepke
02-07-2010, 5:47 PM
Excellent news!! I will try to get there one of those days. Is it possible to purchase at these shows? I'm in the market for one of their small chisel planes, among others.

Yes, they do sell at the shows. They may not have the item at the show, but they will ship. The idea is to let folks fully try before they buy.

I called their 800 number to ask about this and they are willing to have items at the show for people to pick up.

They even do not try to put pressure on you to buy. At least that is the feeling they gave me.

It seems their business philosophy is to make satisfied customers. Of course, to do that they have to make good products for the customers to buy.

jim

Greg Peterson
02-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Must stay away.....must stay away.......

I attended a lecture at Rogowski's studio a number of years ago where he spent a considerable time discussing design. Excellent presentation.

This news is indeed unfortunate. His studio is about a five minute walk from work.

I've spent way to much money lately. Even though my hand plane collection is adequately stocked you never know. Just to get my hands on LN plane.

Must stay away....