PDA

View Full Version : Beis on a Craftsman?

Rick Potter
02-07-2010, 2:34 AM
Back in the old days, Lowes had a clearance on 30" Beismeier best fence setups for $80. I could not resist, and bought two, which I have not used yet.

I am thinking about using one on my dads 70's Craftsman table saw. Has anyone put a Beis on a Craftsman? Any problems? I don't want to reinvent the wheel, if someone has already solved them.

Rick Potter

scott spencer
02-07-2010, 8:51 AM
Rick - It's definitely been done. The pic below isn't mine, but shows that it has been done.

$80 is a pretty insane deal on a great fence. Cast iron drills pretty easily so it shouldn't be too bad even if it requires drilling. Good luck!

http://home.earthlink.net/~us71na/lsfence5.jpg

John McClanahan
02-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I put a Jet fence on my Craftsman saw. Works great. Be sure to follow the directions on front rail position, or you get to mount it twice!:rolleyes:

John

Rick Potter
02-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks guys, I'm gonna go for it. I am saving the other one for my Unisaw in case I ever want to switch.

Rick Potter

Lee Schierer
02-08-2010, 9:35 AM
Rick - It's definitely been done. The pic below isn't mine, but shows that it has been done.

$80 is a pretty insane deal on a great fence. Cast iron drills pretty easily so it shouldn't be too bad even if it requires drilling. Good luck!

http://home.earthlink.net/~us71na/lsfence5.jpg

That's my saw pictured above. I love my Biesmeyer fence. As I recall I had to drill one hole in the saw and one in the angle that supports the front tube. I was even able to add a home made table to the right of the right hand table extension that you can see in the photo. I also added a large out feed table.

Jim W. White
02-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I got a Biesmeyer at the same sale and have had it installed on my Craftsman for the past 2 years. It is a very simple process. No problems at all ...and like someone already said, cast iron drill's and taps very easy if necessary; but to be honest I can't remember if I had to drill any extra holes or not.

Jim in Idaho