02-07-2010, 12:02 AM
enjoy:D

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1125919467?bctid=63259762001

Brian Brown
02-07-2010, 1:22 AM
Ewwww! Can I just say Ewwwww! :eek:

Paul Ryan
02-07-2010, 9:34 AM
The people at budweiser never disapoint.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2010, 9:44 AM
The people at budweiser never disapoint.

Think so?

While the commercials are good...check out what's happening to the Clydesdales......

When the ponies are gone....I'll give up my Bud Light.

Myk Rian
02-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Think so?

While the commercials are good...check out what's happening to the Clydesdales......

When the ponies are gone....I'll give up my Bud Light.
Sooo, what's up with the Clydesdales?

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2010, 11:21 AM
It might be a rumor...but at another sight a gentleman claims to have ridden with a Budweiser employee on an airline flight. The employee works with the Clydesdales and says they are down from 12 teams to 4 teams and all will be phased out over the next 2 years.

I've gone to the Bud website and haven't been able to verify it yet.

Mike McCann
02-07-2010, 11:23 AM
that cracked me up

Mitchell Andrus
02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Bud's foreign owned now. Their sense of reverence for American culture may not be up to our generation's expectations. The Clydesdales used to rule the roost... but really, when was the last time you heard that jingle and does any college kid wax nostalgic for them? The kids are as far removed from the Clydesdales as we were from Glenn Miller tunes and they aren't in the 2010 Super Bowl ad lineup.

Fear not Ken, the ponies are still making non-virtual appearances (for now anyway):

http://www.budweiser.com/en/world-of-budweiser/clydesdales/event-schedule.aspx#/en/world-of-budweiser/clydesdales/event-schedule

'Where's the beef?' used to be a HEAVY catch phrase but Sunday morning just showed that a group of college kids had never seen the commercial and had no way to tie it to Wendy's. I'm feeling old.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Mitch....That was the schedule for January.....As far as Bud Light...I've developed a taste for Scottish Ale.:rolleyes:

Myk Rian
02-07-2010, 11:57 AM
The kids are as far removed from the Clydesdales as we were from Glenn Miller tunes and they aren't in the 2010 Super Bowl ad lineup..
The Clydesdale were here in town last summer. The kids were as excited to see them as their parents were. In fact, they've been here twice last year.
It was really something special to see them coming down Grand River Ave, pulling the wagon, with the Dalmatian sitting proud in the seat.

Paul Ryan
02-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I will believe it when I see it about the horses. They maybe dont need 12 teams, but I dont believe they will ever be gone.

Montgomery Scott
02-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Their quality of their commercials are inversely proportionate to the quality of their beer.

I'm surprised how many people like beer flavored water.

Ed Griner
02-08-2010, 8:05 AM
I'm starting to think the medical marijuana crowd is making inroads in the alcohol market.This is an unfortunate development for the beer meisters and their animals.That office flick seemed to have it roots in an upstate NY commune of the "60s". What a trip/Ed

Rod Sheridan
02-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Mitch....That was the schedule for January.....As far as Bud Light...I've developed a taste for Scottish Ale.:rolleyes:

I recently tried an Innes and Gunn beer, it's aged in used whiskey barrels if I remember correctly, it was very good.

It was lighter than my usual fare (dark beers) however it was very nice.

If you can get one in your area Ken, you may enjoy it since you like the Scottish Ale........regards, Rod.

Matt Meiser
02-08-2010, 7:36 PM
It might be a rumor
I've gone to the Bud website and haven't been able to verify it yet.

I will believe it when I see it about the horses. They maybe dont need 12 teams, but I dont believe they will ever be gone.

I think you guys are right about rumor. I read a very similar story to the one Ken wrote about a couple weeks ago, but in this version the guy's son knew someone who had supposedly talked talked to one of the A-B guys that was tending to the horses at an event.

When I was at my company's annual meeting in St. Louis in January a group of 4-5 guys were talking about the changes at A-B. All these guys live in St. Louis, including one guy who recently came to work for us from A-B and a couple that have or at least had connections there. I specifically asked about the Clydesdales. They all agreed that there had been no changes for the Clydesdales "yet." I'd have to believe that would be pretty big news in St. Louis.

I also looked at the St. Louis Post Dispatch's web site (www.stltoday.com (http://www.stltoday.com)) and couldn't find any mention of cuts. This (http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/lager-heads/anheuser-busch/2008/11/budweiser-clydesdales-move-onto-new-breeding-farm/)article from back in November 2008 says there were 5 traveling teams (hitches) at that time which before InBev had starting making major changes from what I understand.