PDA

View Full Version : Another Art Show

Bob Hovde
02-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm getting ready for an art show in a couple of months and am trying different styles of turning/carving. I think I got a bit carried away and made "carvings that were turned" rather than "turnings with carving." Just trying to do something besides bowls/vases once in a while. (The "Red Flower" is sitting on a mirror so you can see the base - It's 9"x4" and the vase is 8"x12".)

Enjoy!

Bob

Bernie Weishapl
02-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Wow those are nice. Should do well for you. I think you did well with these.

Robert McGowen
02-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I really like the "leaf" vase. You are showing some serious skills!

Steve Schlumpf
02-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Bob - very impressive work! Love the color and detail work in the flower! Very bright - grabs your attention!

Great vase! Nice size! Really like the leaf design. What kind of wood is that? Looks like it has some red running through it!

David E Keller
02-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Nice looking turnings. I really like the vase. Good luck at the show.

Ray Bell
02-07-2010, 2:43 AM
Beautiful Bob, should win hands down!

John Keeton
02-07-2010, 8:05 AM
Both are nice, and the flower does "grab" because of the color. But, for my tastes, the leaf vase is spectacular! Great depth of dimension, it flows, and looks very organic. Excellent!!!

Cody Colston
02-07-2010, 3:47 PM
Those are some nice pieces and highly skilled work. I really love the vase.

Bob Hovde
02-08-2010, 9:19 PM
Bob - very impressive work! Love the color and detail work in the flower! Very bright - grabs your attention!

Great vase! Nice size! Really like the leaf design. What kind of wood is that? Looks like it has some red running through it!

Steve,

The leaf vase is cherry. The design was copied from an American Woodturner magazine article. I just wanted to see if I could do it. I've made several bowls similar in shape to the flower before, but didn't think of it as a flower until now.

Thanks for the kind words.

Bob

Bill Bolen
02-08-2010, 9:26 PM
Gorgeous pieces Bob. You are sure to do well at the show with work of ths caliber...Bill..