PDA

View Full Version : Rejoice Word Art ! !

Marshall Border
02-06-2010, 7:27 PM
I cut these today and will add them to the collection for Christmas presents , even though they are good for any time presents . The pattern came from scrollsaw Village scrollsaw site , and there made from Australian Pine . They will get spray painted later when I get enough to do at one time , for I'm planing on making a bunch more later . Any comments are welcome ..............Marshall :)

John Keeton
02-06-2010, 8:33 PM
Marshall, those are very nice! What color will they be? Just curious if you have ever considered spraying a dye and letting the grain show?

Marshall Border
02-06-2010, 10:50 PM
John I haven't really thought about it , but I did buy an assortment of leather dye colors and this would be a good time to try them . I may just let the wife decide what finish to be be used . I'm glad you said something cause I had forgot about those new dyes that I had brought ......thanks John .........:)

John Thompson
02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Nice job again Marshall.. and I really like John K's idea. I love to see grain through dye and I have seen some pieces done with diluted water base interior latex that looked quite nice. Experimenting on scrap might yield some interesting results... If not you want be out much other than time.