PDA

View Full Version : Ever pick up a tool and.......

Roger Turnbough
10-24-2004, 6:06 PM
It takes you back to when you were a wee lad? I had that happen to me this afternoon. I had to drill a very small hole and found that my usual method was not going to work. Hmmmmm.... what to use. Looking thru my assorted clutter and accumulations, I spied an old Millers Falls eggbeater drill that I had picked up some 2 years ago. This should work, chuck closes down enough to hold a 1/16" bit. So I chuck in a 2" finish nail and commence to drilling. All of a sudden I was about 10 again. Down in the basement with my pop, workin on something or other. Drilling holes with an eggbeater drill and him admonishing me to be careful, youll break the bit.

Made me stop and chuckle, sure do miss those days.

I thought you would all understand.

Have a great day!! :D :D :D

Roger
South of Chicago

Dave Anderson NH
10-24-2004, 7:31 PM
I remember lots of time in the shop with Dad's tools. This was a great weekend for me, I had my Dad with me all weekend and we got to spend some good time in my shop. It's the old Yogi Berra line- Deja Vu all over again. It was a lot of fun working with him in the shop and explaining and demonstrating how I make some of my tools. I thouroughly enjoyed myself and I know he did too. Truly quality time.

Michael Stafford
10-24-2004, 8:10 PM
I still have my eggbeater. It is mounted right there on the pegboard with the push drill and the Yankee screwdriver along with the rest of the "cordless" tools. Takes me back more than a few years...

Scott Parks
10-25-2004, 9:21 PM
and the Yankee screwdriver along with the rest of the "cordless" tools. Takes me back more than a few years...
Wow, what a cool tool that is. I forgot I even have one...