PDA

View Full Version : Jet DC1100 Leak

Scott Corbett
10-24-2004, 5:20 PM
Anyone know what would cause the DC to leak around the seal of the bottom bag? Started right after I emptied it.

Clint deal
10-24-2004, 5:43 PM
Hey scott, What part of the great state of NC are you. I'm north of Chartlotte in Huntersville. Another member, gary is in Mt-Holly.
As far as the dust sucker goes only the obvious comes to mind such as the tie-down mechanism be it a strap or belt or what ever it is, is not tightening up enough. When you say it leaks is it just blowing dust all over the place?
Can you inspect the lip for anything that might be keeping it from sealing?
Are you sure there's not a tear or hole in the bag?
Clint

Scott Corbett
10-24-2004, 5:52 PM
I'm near Hampstead, about 20 miles north of Wilmington. Quite a distance from you guys.

The Jet lower bag has a springy ring at the top (sewn in) that is supposed to press the bag tightly against the inside of the middle metal drum. It is not a hole, the leak is coming from where the bag should be sealed in one area only. I must have bent the springy ring when I emptied this time. Probably have to buy a new bag to get a new ring.

Going to the show sponsored by Klingspor's in Hickory this Fri and Sat? I will be there, maybe an expert from Jet will also be there.

Edit : The area that leaks moves if I rotate the ring, so must be a bad ring.

Boyd Gathwright
10-24-2004, 6:05 PM
…. If it’s leaking around the bag you most likely do not have the ring (hoop) inserted or installed properly. If it’s leaking around the canister above the bag, I went around the outside of the unit and canister with electrical tape after I seated and tightened up the holding screws, just as a precaution, and this should solve your problem.<O:p</O:p

That should do it.

<O:p</O:p

Boyd :cool:

<O:p</O:p

Anyone know what would cause the DC to leak around the seal of the bottom bag? Started right after I emptied it.

Mike Cutler
10-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Scott. I think that your DC bag may not be all the way down. If you can rotate that bag in place it is not pulled down far enough or evenly. If you have to replace the bag, replace it with a better bag from American Felt and Fabric. They have a 1 Micron bag that replaces the stock 30 micron bag that came with your unit. I believe that Highland Hardware sells them also.

Scott Corbett
10-26-2004, 5:05 PM
Turns out that both bags were leaking. I applied self-adhesive weather-stripping to both areas. No leaks for now.

Thanks.