PDA

View Full Version : Cutout lab big favor

Miguel Pinho
02-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Hello everybody

i'm making a catalog of my tombstones to present to my clients when they get to my shop.
I was wondering if someone can help me here with this pictures...i need them cut out with white background and all with the same size.
My skills in the cut out lab are not so good and i know that are people here that could help me on that.

Any help is apreciated.

Best regards

miguel

Dee Gallo
02-06-2010, 3:05 PM
Miguel -

I removed the backgrounds from these, but you should realize they are really small pix and are not good for much... but here they are. I would assume for a decent catalog, you'd want something more than a 7 kb photo.

cheers, dee

Joseph B. Chritz
02-06-2010, 3:12 PM
If this is what your looking for it can be done with just the eraser.
1. Image / Resample / 600 dpi (smoother edges)
2. Eraser tool - small - zoom in close - click hold ALT click again (erases a straight line between the click points)
3. Work your way around - CTRL Z to undo your mistakes
4. Go to a larger eraser tool and work your way out.

Tom Bull
02-06-2010, 3:31 PM
Or you can:
1. select pen tool, draw around object
2. for irregular shapes left click on lines drawn with pen tool using bezier, then right click on line segment with bezier and convert to curve. You can then bend the curves to follow object. If curves sort of go crazy, then right click on node (little square box) and convert to cusp.
3. after object is surrounded the way you want, left click on bitmap to select it.
4. go to effects, powerclip, place inside container and put big black arrow on your border drawing and click. Everything outside border goes away.

For best results you must do all editing of photo before you do this process: adjust color, size, etc.

Miguel Pinho
02-06-2010, 4:05 PM
Thank's Dee

I have larger and better pictures, but i had to reduce it to insert them in the post.

Thank's for you help.

Miguel Pinho
02-06-2010, 4:06 PM
Thank's Joseph

That's exactly what i'm looking for.

Thank you for your help and advices.