PDA

View Full Version : Art Show

Ken Glass
02-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Hey gang,
Here are some pictures of the Art Hop in downtown Jacksonville last night from 5-8 PM, where I was one of the featured Artists. There were five locations, each having an Artist on hand with a display. I was the only one showing Turnings or wood of any type, so there was much interest in my display. Several plan on returning to get a closer look and purchase something. It was snowing and blowing really bad, but the smaller crowd of 120-140 was enthusiastic. I sold six (6) pieces for a total of around $524 which included two Wine stoppers, but everything will be on display for a month, so I hope to sell most of it by the end of the month. It was a fun night with wine and dessert for all. My host was the Cheryl Kelly Photography Studio and she was a wonderful host. The pictures were before the opening, so I had no chance to get any pictures with the crowd there.
I hope you enjoy them.

John Keeton
02-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Ken, those are some great pics, and some beautiful turnings! Sounds like you had a successful start, with more to come. Sometimes, the weather can work to your advantage - and perhaps that happened here.

I really like your bottle stoppers - some very nice work. A couple of the other pieces really caught my eye as well.

Thanks for posting the pics - some great inspiration!

Brian Effinger
02-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Beautiful turnings Ken - in this and the other thread. And congratulations on a successful start to the show. I hope more follows.

Brian

Steve Schlumpf
02-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Ken - very nice layout! Congrats on your sales! Hope you are handing out lots of business cards for later commission work!

Curt Fuller
02-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Congratulations on a great show! You've got a beautiful collection of work.

Bernie Weishapl
02-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Congrats on your show and those are some nice turnings. I like the bottle stoppers.

Ted Calver
02-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Ken,
Congratulations!! A very nice display of super nice pieces.

charlie knighton
02-06-2010, 1:09 PM
very nice hope the rest of show is as good as the first

David E Keller
02-06-2010, 1:15 PM
Great looking spread... Congrats on the sales and hope there are many more to come

Mike Peace
02-06-2010, 1:35 PM
That sounds like my kind of show - indoors with wine and hors d'oueves and sales. It doesn't get better than that.

Toney Robertson
02-06-2010, 1:57 PM
Congrats on the sales.

Evidently the art market is better in your area than in mine. It is absolutely dead here.

Toney

Robert McGowen
02-06-2010, 2:10 PM
I hope you sell it all. Several pieces grabbed my attention when looking through the photos. I am sure you will do well.

GLENN THOMAS
02-06-2010, 2:15 PM
Congratulations Ken !!!

Its good to see that folks besides wood turners can appreciate turned pieces enough to purchase them.

GT

Steve Mawson
02-06-2010, 4:54 PM
Very nice Ken. I was wondering when this show was going to be, know you told us about it a short time ago. Looks like a pretty big deal for Jville. Guess it was on the square?

Ken Glass
02-06-2010, 6:32 PM
Steve M,
Yes it was on the square. It is held every month. I am hoping to get another spot some time in the summer. They say the crowds are bigger.