PDA

View Full Version : Mahogany Bowls

Tony De Masi
02-05-2010, 2:24 PM
Took a break from some "F" work I have going to turn a couple bowls. Both from same plank. Two right pics were treated with the same stain as the table it will rest on, and two left pics were treated with BLO. Both were then treated with amber shellac and buffed. Both measure 5 5/8 x 1 5/8

C & C always welcomed.

Tony

John Keeton
02-05-2010, 3:16 PM
Mahogany, I presume? Very nice, and I like the color on both. Not seeing the table, perhaps some contrast might work with the unstained bowl?

Baxter Smith
02-05-2010, 4:27 PM
Nice bowls. Don't know which color I like better. Hope you show it on the table later.:)

Tony De Masi
02-05-2010, 4:46 PM
John - you are probably right in maybe some contrast would look good. Now that I look at the bowl and table, the bowl would probably just fade too much.

Baxter - I will try to get pics up of both bowls on the table. Not sure when I'll be able to post as the snow is really picking up here with a couple of feet expected and I'm on Satelite for the internet.

Tony

David E Keller
02-05-2010, 4:50 PM
Very nice looking bowls... I'd love to see that table if the rest of that mahogany has got that figure.

Mauricio Ulloa
02-05-2010, 4:53 PM
Very nice! Could you please take a pic of the bottoms of the bowls?

Thanks!

Steve Schlumpf
02-05-2010, 4:58 PM
Very nice bowls Tony! Really some rich color!

Hope the storm isn't as bad as predicted! Stay warm!

Jon Finch
02-05-2010, 5:52 PM
I really like that wood! And I especially like the un-stained one. I'm sure it's a very nice looking table.

Dale Bright
02-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Very nice bowls Tony. Do you have any snow out your way, LOL? We only have about 32 inches with another 4 - 6 coming.

If we could find a way to turn snow........

Dale

Bernie Weishapl
02-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Those are beauties Tony. Form and finish look good. I really like turning mahogany as I made the kids a salad bowl set out of it.

Tony De Masi
02-06-2010, 2:44 PM
Thanks for the comments gents. Not sure how long I'll have a connection here as the satelite is on the roof and I don't do ladders.

Only a little snow Dale. Last measurement was 31" on the back deck. So far only lost one tree. Lucky there.

Tony