PDA

View Full Version : new scoop

Charles Bouchelle
02-05-2010, 7:56 AM
Hey a reoccuring theme....I am in the shop with my son turning,this is good,but everything that we make seems to hold or now dispense junk food.I admit I am caught in the vortex,but I might not fit if I get too many candy bowls around here.But we are really having fun. The scoop is made of Holly,with no fininsh yet

John Keeton
02-05-2010, 8:08 AM
Nice work, Charles!! I have not turned holly, although I have a couple of sticks of it. It really makes a nice handle, and you did well by it!

I think your project would have shown better on a different background - I kept getting distracted by the Fudge Ripple box!!!!:D;)

Charles Bouchelle
02-05-2010, 8:17 AM
thanks John due take note that it is Yogurt but the candy hearts are sugar,and the othe bowl HAD M&M's in it but they are long gone.The Holly turned so nice.made us feel like experts, with the lack of grain I guess.

Steve Schlumpf
02-05-2010, 8:29 AM
Good looking handle! I've not turned Holly and am somewhat surprised by the lack of visible grain! Kinda cool as it is different!

Glad to hear you and your son are enjoying the slide into the vortex!

Looking forward to seeing what you turn next!

Greg Just
02-05-2010, 9:13 AM
Yum - fudge ripple! - oh nice scoop too

Baxter Smith
02-05-2010, 1:01 PM
Nice scoop! Not into that flavor though.:)

Gary Chester
02-05-2010, 1:06 PM
Nice scoop... too much junk food??? You need some exorcise... get out that chainsaw and cut up some logs for turning.:D