PDA

View Full Version : Laserpro mercury II

Niklas Bjornestal
02-05-2010, 7:07 AM
Does anyone know which firmware and driver versions that is newest for the laserpro mercury II?

Darren Null
02-05-2010, 8:00 AM
This works for the GCC-flavour mercury:
http://www.jorlink.com/page.aspx?page_id=49

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Niklas Bjornestal
02-05-2010, 9:55 AM
This works for the GCC-flavour mercury:
http://www.jorlink.com/page.aspx?page_id=49

Your mileage may vary, of course.
They dont have the mercury II (they only have the "original" mercury and they dont use the same driver/firmware)

Al Bray
02-05-2010, 6:59 PM
Does anyone know which firmware and driver versions that is newest for the laserpro mercury II?

Niklas,

It is my understanding that the latest firmware for the Laserpro Mercury II is 1.09.08. The latest 32-bit driver for xp/vista is 3.67.01, and the latest 64-Bit Driver for Vista is 3.01.03.

I confirmed this today with Jesus Plascencia in the Tech Support department at GCC America.

I am running the 1.09.08 firmware and the 3.67.01 driver on my 32 bit vista system with no issues.

Hope this helps.

- Al

Richard Rumancik
02-05-2010, 7:25 PM
Niklas, what is the model number of your machine?

I'm a little confused about the nomenclature that GCC used. (Maybe Rodne can help out here as he has used these machines for a long time.)

The original GCC laser was just called a LaserPro and was released in 1998 or so. Then they came out with a LaserPro Mercury in about 1999 which had a lot of fixes/changes. I think the models were called L-series (as in L-30 for a 30 watt). As far as I know they did not call them Mercury I at the time - that designation probably came only after the Mercury II was released. In about 2000 they made some changes (not sure what exactly) and came out with LaserPro Mercury M-series. I think these models were also called the LaserPro Mercury II's but I'm not certain. I do see pictures and specs on the Internet for Mercury II's, and they seem to match up with the M-series pics and specs.

The drivers that Jorlink has are for the M-series machines, not the original LaserPro's or the L-series.

Edit: After reading Al's reply I am even more confused. Al, are you really talking about the Mercury II? The firmware you quote looks to be in the LaserPro Spirit series.

Al Bray
02-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Edit: After reading Al's reply I am even more confused. Al, are you really talking about the Mercury II? The firmware you quote looks to be in the LaserPro Spirit series.

Hi Richard,

The engraver I have is a later model GCC Laserpro Mercury II, Model: M-30V, Serial number begins with an H5.

Again today upon reading this post, and also because I am considering a move to a 64-bit OS, I contacted Jesus of GCCAmerica Tech support, and he re-verified that the above firmware and drivers were the latest that were appropriate for my model.

Here is the email back I received:

=======
Hello Al bray,

Here are the latest Mercury II driver for 32-Bit (L_DR_Win2x_Mercury_II_367_0.zip) and 64-Bit (L_DR_Vista64_Mercury_II_3_01_03.zip)
for Windows Vista. Just unzip and install.

Regards,
Jesus Plascencia
GCC America, Inc.
=======================

I had already received the 1.09.08 firmware and installed it last November when I first came into possession of the engraver.

For reference, the previous version of my firmware before the 1.09.08 upgrade was version 1.00.04.

I have been using the 1.09.08 firmware and the 3.67.01 32-bit driver since last November with no issues

I have noticed that one of the big differences between my particular model and earlier Mercury's is the difference in the control panel interface.

I have attached pictures so one can see the differences.

Richard Rumancik
02-08-2010, 4:33 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Al. I get the impression that the Mercury II added some minor design changes - obviously a new operator panel and I think it added USB support. But overall the performance seems the same as the previous version of the machine.

Viktor Voroncov
02-09-2010, 4:33 AM
Hello, here is my first post here :)
We are GCC dealers and you can download latest firmware, drivers and manuals for GCC lasers from our site
Here is link (if it's not allowed here - moderators - please delete)
litografa.lt/index.php?downloads