PDA

View Full Version : Latest Segmented Stuff

Bill Bulloch
02-04-2010, 3:26 PM
I am running out of Kiln Dried lumber, so I am having to practice on small stuff.

The Vase is 6 inches high with a 4 inch diametar. It is Cherry and Redheart. I'm proud of those joints.

The Birdhouses are a mixture of leftover stuff.

The one by itself is Eastern Red Cedar (body) and Spanish Cedar (Roof and Base), and it is trimmed in Walnut.

In the other picture the one in the middle is Bartlett Pear and Walnut. On the left is Maple and Walnut. and on the right is a real concoction of leftovers. It has a Magnolia and Walnut Body, The top trim and the Base is Spanish Cedar, the roof, door opening and perch are Bartlett Pear.

What ya think?

Steve Mawson
02-04-2010, 3:32 PM
Pretty nice for left overs Bill. They all look top notch.

Bernie Weishapl
02-04-2010, 3:59 PM
Really nice vase Bill. You should be proud of those joints. They look really well done. Nice leftovers to in the birdhouses.

Robert McGowen
02-04-2010, 4:04 PM
And Bill says to himself, "It finally all came together!" :D

Very nice. I can see why you are proud of the joints. I like your form and pattern. (I noticed you used the "I won't forget to align the rings correctly this time" pattern. ;) I have done that myself.)

The bird houses look first rate also. I think I like the one by itself the best.

Keep up the good work!

John Keeton
02-04-2010, 5:01 PM
I'm proud of those joints.And well you should be!! Nice work. On the birdhouses, while all are neat, I really like the spalted maple/walnut one. Really nice combination.

Baxter Smith
02-04-2010, 6:20 PM
Very nicely done. Looks like no scrap is too small when it comes to this kind of work.:)

David E Keller
02-04-2010, 6:56 PM
nice looking vase.

If I was a bird, you're the guy I'd have build me a house... those are awesome.

Allen Neighbors
02-04-2010, 7:33 PM
Good stuff, Bill. Way to use the leftovers!
You have way more patience than I, for segmenting work. :D

Roland Martin
02-05-2010, 7:51 AM
Well done on all of these Bill. The segmented vase is definitely attractive, joints are great. I'd be a proud bird to call any of the birdhouses home. Extremely good use of depleting stock.

Steve Schlumpf
02-05-2010, 8:45 AM
You SHOULD be proud of those joints on the vase! Excellent!

Really like the birdhouse ornaments - especially the textured roofs! Nice touch!

MIKE E BEE
02-05-2010, 9:06 AM
Really nice work Bill. I will be doing some segmenting in the future due to a bunch of free wood that I recieved so when i get there I will hit you up for some advice on the joints. Cool birdhouses too!