PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Mini Compressor impressions

Michael Simpson Virgina
02-04-2010, 2:25 AM
I received and installed my mini air compressor from Epilog.

My first impressions are very positive. Its a very efficiant and quite little compressor. Its much smaller than the beasts I have been using and and quieter than many of the airbrush compressors I have tried.

You have to make sure you have the rear solenoid on the mini set to let air pass when the laser is off or the compressor will not start. Just remove the screws on the solenoid and reverse the hoses. If you are using a tanked compressor you want just the opposite.

I have a regulator and filter at the laser and get about 40+PSI at the laser. I normally run it at 10-15psi.

It works just as good as my tanked compressor but takes up zero space behind the laser.

Dan Hintz
02-04-2010, 9:26 AM
I seem to remember a discussion a year or two ago about those compressors... something about it being the same one as sold by Harbor Freight for <$100? Maybe it was the ULS compressor, I don't know...

Peck Sidara
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Michael,

It's been some time...Hopefully you're using the latest 64bit Dashboard driver we've recently released. All of your 32bit configuration files can be used, no problem.

I seem to remember a discussion a year or two ago about those compressors... something about it being the same one as sold by Harbor Freight for <$100? Maybe it was the ULS compressor, I don't know...

Dan, the compressors we used are manufactured by GAST. AFAIK I don't believe these are sold/distributed thru Harbor Freight tools.

Michael Simpson Virgina
02-05-2010, 3:30 PM
@Dan
No way does it have any resemblance to the HF compressors. I tried a couple. The HF units are Loud, unreliable and about the cheapest thing on the market. I also have other HF tools. May are pure Chineese Knockoffs of higher quality tools.

Just wanted to be clear on this. In this case you get what you pay for.

@Peck
Yep I am using the new 64-bit driver. IT does not install as easy as the 32-bit but it works great.

Doug Griffith
02-05-2010, 4:15 PM
Many are pure Chinese Knockoffs of higher quality tools.

Whoda Thunk?

Paasche:
http://www.paascheairbrush.com/cgi-bin/store/detail.cgi?r=28

HF:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93657

Robert Ray
02-05-2010, 4:48 PM
Gast and Thomas are the only 2 air assist pump manufacturers I would choose. My laser came with an airbrush compressor that overheated and thermal shutdown in 1 hour, and I purchased a Thomas pump which is quiet and has served me well.

At the day job we use Gast pumps, again made for continous duty and quiet operation.